NPR fires Juan Williams

island1fox

Island Juan's opinion wasn't right or left. It was bigotted. That is not to say that he is a bigot because I couldn't believe that for a moment. NPR doesn't have Al Sharpton as an analyst. I think Juan could have worded his point in a much better way and avoided the controversy all together, but that doesn't happen on confrontational opinion shows.

bbsam,
I can tell you that I am not a bigot --believe it or not -----for the millions and millions of Americans that are uncomfortable today flying with Muslims ----- Call honesty what you want, tell them they have NO REASON FOR FEAR --but if you believe they are bigots --what would be a proper adjective for you ??? :sad-little: p.s Sept 11th, the shoe bomber, fruit of the boom bomber etc,etc---incidents real or imagined ??? No cause for fear of flying with Muslims in today's Jihad world ????? Rediculous!! Why does homeland security Janet Napolitano continue to tell us to be aware and vigilant of our surroundings ??? Because there is a very real possibility that the Muslim Jihad will stike again -------Now call me a bigot if it makes you feel pure and wonderful and all loving !!!

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam,
I can tell you that I am not a bigot --believe it or not -----for the millions and millions of Americans that are uncomfortable today flying with Muslims ----- Call honesty what you want, tell them they have NO REASON FOR FEAR --but if you believe they are bigots --what would be a proper adjective for you ??? :sad-little: p.s Sept 11th, the shoe bomber, fruit of the boom bomber etc,etc---incidents real or imagined ??? No cause for fear of flying with Muslims in today's Jihad world ????? Rediculous!! Why does homeland security Janet Napolitano continue to tell us to be aware and vigilant of our surroundings ??? Because there is a very real possibility that the Muslim Jihad will stike again -------Now call me a bigot if it makes you feel pure and wonderful and all loving !!!

So do you believe those are the only Muslim's who have flown since September 11th? Face it. If a Muslim terrorist is getting on a plane, he's probably not wearing "traditional Muslim garb". So what is cueing you in so that you know to be afraid?

clueless

The problem with the firing of Juan Williams was that it was done under the pretense that he expressed his opinion on a controversial matter and this is supposedly disallowed by NPR's 'ethics' guideline. However, anyone who has ever listened to Nina Totenberg, Bill Moyers, Daniel Schorr has been inundated with their leftist views on a constant basis. They made no attempt at withholding their heavily-biased opinions during their appearances in various media. Yet there was zero retribution. It's the clear and unquestionable double-standard at NPR which seeks to 'sanitize' the market place of ideas of anything with even a tinge of political incorrectness that's the issue.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Integrity at Fox ? That's as funny as "Fair and Balanced"....

Man up ! the new political phrase word of the month coined by Conservative Tea Party Women and now spread and "repeat after me" by Sister Sarah and her Fox News megaphone. How does a man respond to "Man up"? By telling his female counter-part to grow some breasts ? IMO, when a women spats this term "Man up", it's as if she's admitting it's a man's world and stop being a puss....

LOL...don't get your blood boiling Toonces, just "Woman Up"... ;-)

Diesy, dont you worry about me I woman up every day. Sometimes I even grow a set. the term has been around much longer than the latest Palin bashing has, and I did not first hear it on Fox.
I really get under your skin dont I?
It is and always has been a mans world, and I dont necessarily think that is a bad thing. Sometimes when a man has been hurt, and real men can admit when they have, it is an endearing term from friends, to get yourself together and fight another day. That is what I wish for Juan.

diesel96

Diesy, dont you worry about me I woman up every day. Sometimes I even grow a set. the term has been around much longer than the latest Palin bashing has, and I did not first hear it on Fox.
I really get under your skin dont I?
It is and always has been a mans world, and I dont necessarily think that is a bad thing. Sometimes when a man has been hurt, and real men can admit when they have, it is an endearing term from friends, to get yourself together and fight another day. That is what I wish for Juan.

Toonces, Please don't grow a set, I'm trying to get that image out of my mind...Besides, I hear as "we" men get older, they become more cumbersome...I know TMI
Earth is a CO-ed world if you percieve it that way, that's why Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus...God has given women the most powerful organ in the human anatomy. I'm sure you have used it to your advantage...lol

I will admit, not only did you get under my skin, but in my bone marrow as well....can I get a "real man" shout out from ya...You can call me "Poppy" :-)-P

moreluck

golden ticket member
Makes one wonder how he's ever gotten along on Fox.
Cavuto's not a shouter!
Brian Kilmeade or Gretchen Carlson or Steve Ducey or Peter Ducey.........or Bill Hemmer or Greta VanSustern or Huckabee, or Brett Baer, or Dr, Isadore Rosenfeld.... where do you get these 'shouter' ideas?? Maybe you need to turn you volume down.

diesel96

Cavuto's not a shouter!
Brian Kilmeade or Gretchen Carlson or Steve Ducey or Peter Ducey.........or Bill Hemmer or Greta VanSustern or Huckabee, or Brett Baer, or Dr, Isadore Rosenfeld.... where do you get these 'shouter' ideas?? Maybe you need to turn you volume down.

"EFF IT, WE"LL DO IT LIVE !!".......quote Bill O'Reily

Caution....Censor the children....O'Reily is on the loose.....turn the volume up though, good beat !

you tube his "Eff it, we'll do live" remix video....

Lue C Fur

Evil member
"EFF IT, WE"LL DO IT LIVE !!".......quote Bill O'Reily

Caution....Censor the children....O'Reily is on the loose.....turn the volume up though, good beat !

you tube his "Eff it, we'll do live" remix video....

Thats a funny vid of Bill when he was an anchor on Entertaiment tonight...Awesome!!! :)

bbsam

Staff member
Cavuto's not a shouter!
Shaun Hannity, Geraldo Rivera, Bill O'reilly, Laura Ingram. You know, the "Commentary" part of Fox News.