Nutrisystem Packages

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If you are going to overstuff 45 pounds of misc. crap into a box at least use something besides dollar store tape. We must have overpriced nutrisystem food spilled all over our hubs.

browniehound

If you are going to overstuff 45 pounds of misc. crap into a box at least use something besides dollar store tape. We must have overpriced nutrisystem food spilled all over our hubs.

I happen to think the packaging is OK. For instance, what do we do with the package weighing 45 LBS. in a box with 10 LBS. of crush strength? What are our customers thinking when they do this?

I know Brownmonster is right-on about Nutrisystem but the carton has always held up when I recieve it on delivery. Never holes or corners crushed. The tape may not hold everytime but the food is always there 100%. If not the company will compensate. Its not like its money or jewerly. Its just food, right?

City Driver

radio_golic_300.jpg

potroast! pizza! burgers! real food for real guys!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The problem I have seen (as doing spa/decap for half of my 8 hours) is that those damn nutrisystem boxes that are 45 pounds and like 10"x10"x24"....

DO NOT SCAN! their printer leaves a space in the barcode in spots that forces you to type in the 1z....

pain in the :censored2: :peaceful:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
The problem I have seen (as doing spa/decap for half of my 8 hours) is that those damn nutrisystem boxes that are 45 pounds and like 10"x10"x24"....

DO NOT SCAN! their printer leaves a space in the barcode in spots that forces you to type in the 1z....

Which makes me wonder why we don't have DIADs that scan that funny little design, next to the barcode.
scancode.jpg

drewed

Shankman
Because not every package has a smart label?
And it would have the same problems as a traditional barcode it would have a break in it.

Because not every package has a smart label?
And it would have the same problems as a traditional barcode it would have a break in it.
It was my understanding that the smart label with a break in it would still scan unless it was tron very badly, making all four sides un-scan-able. If you divide a SL in half top to bottom and then from side to side, each 1/4 would scan with the same info, is what I have been told. I have no idea if that is true or not, but the only explanation I have heard.

upser_J

QVC should get stronger packaging matericals for their bigger packages. Their cardboard strength is weak.

now why would they do that?? we will repack it in a nice box, and the customer wont know the difference. or if the actual item is damaged, the customer calls QVC, complains, then QVC calls UPS, complains. Then UPS bends over and pays them the money for the claim... isnt this how it works?

old levi's

blank space
It was my understanding that the smart label with a break in it would still scan unless it was tron very badly, making all four sides un-scan-able. If you divide a SL in half top to bottom and then from side to side, each 1/4 would scan with the same info, is what I have been told. I have no idea if that is true or not, but the only explanation I have heard.

Don't despair. Just wait 30 seconds and Drewed will clear this up for everyone.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I've never had issues with any Nutrisystem box on any of my deliveries. I will assume you work close to their distribution center and see more of these boxes than I would. The odds would be higher you will see more opened boxes.

I will give them credit. Those boxes are packed TIGHT. Not a waste of space for the contents to shift.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I've never had issues with any Nutrisystem box on any of my deliveries. I will assume you work close to their distribution center and see more of these boxes than I would. The odds would be higher you will see more opened boxes.

I will give them credit. Those boxes are packed TIGHT. Not a waste of space for the contents to shift.

Had 2 for the same stop yesterday. Both split the tape on the bottom. Not so much the tape splitting that bothers me but the fact that if the contents spill on someones driveway it would be virtually impossible to get the stuff back in the package. Kind of like getting all the dirt back in the hole you took it out of. Bottom line, if you care about your end customer, use some damn tape.

satellitedriver

Barcode scanners "reads" the white between the black stripes.
My trick,
just take your pin and stripe out the white line that you know should not be there. The bar code will scan then.
I hate typing 1Z numbers.