Obama fails yet again...

island1fox

:sad-little:Bottom line --Spin it as you choose to ----People cannot take responsability for their own actions. Many,many many ,too many people purchased homes they could not afford ----liberals pushing people out of government controlled housing -which we also paid for to this housing disaster.
It all goes back to personal responsability! :sad-little:
There are too many people out there that do not want to educate themselves nor work. Give me ,give me give me --free food stamps -free housing--free education--free healthcare--free transportation --let me keep all -no taxes ----"Let the rich pay"
As hard as many of us work at UPS --you will very soon see that you are the so called "rich" and government will take more of what you earn --because many of the other people I refer to would never unload a feeder nor deliver a package ---let someone else do that .
No human being I know are opposed to a safety net for those that are in need ---I cannot believe that any hard working person can't see that we are now way beyond that.
Beside the taxes that I pay -I contribute to many, many charitable organizations that I have vetted --low administration cost--most of money being spent on what it was intended for.
Liberals or anyone that believes the GOVERMENT spends our money wisely should voluntarily give the government additional funds.
I know for a fact --that if I can legally reduce my tax burden(unlike all the tax cheats in government) my dollars would be spent alot wiser and more productively.:wink2:

av8torntn

I think his point is primarily this line:

Actually his point was blame Bush even though the facts do not support that claim. If someone disagrees them we just start the racism charges. It's the same thing over and over.

Every president has stated they wanted to increase the amount of home ownership. Bush tried to do something about the banking issues that were brewing he was attacked with the racism charges. Congress tried oversight they were attacked with racism charges and not much they can do with evenly split committees.

The fact is you cannot blame Bush for this mess unless you are a party line guy or just stupid. This took much more than one person or administration. The article clearly says Bush pushed to reign in Freddie and Fannie and that he foresaw these problems and was unwilling to compromise with some half witted solution. The narrow minded poster that used the article thinking it would somehow blame Bush did not read past the headline. He also counted on others to do the same.

island1fox

:wink2:I recommend to anyone not afraid of listening to the truth --go to you tube ---search Fannie and Freddie hearings --You will hear and see from their own mouths what the Repubs and Dems did or did not do --- view "Burning down the House" I do not have the computer skills to post it on this site ----if anyone else can -please do. I thank you in advance !

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Hey Fact check somebody at CNN is doing your job. :happy-very:

CNN had one of their reporters fact check the sketch.

By the way this is an unbiased post as it's a comedy in more ways than one!:funny:

CNN FACT CHECKS SNL SKETCH DETAILING OBAMA'S FAILURES

CNN Fact-Checks SNL's Spoof on Obama

klein

Für Meno :)
Cherly, this is the message us Canadians and other countries get : :(

Sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed from within the United States
Hulu is committed to making its content available worldwide. To do so, we must work through a number of legal and business issues, including obtaining international streaming rights. Know that we are working to make this happen and will continue to do so. Given the international background of the Hulu team, we have both a professional and personal interest in bringing Hulu to a global audience.
If you'd like, please leave us your email address and the region in which you live, and we will email you when our videos are available in your area.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Liberals or anyone that believes the GOVERMENT spends our money wisely should voluntarily give the government additional funds.

And yet, so many believe that when it comes to spending for "national defense" ( I use quotations because our military is used for everything but defending our borders), the government is all knowing :wink2:.

klein

Für Meno :)
BETH FOUHY Associated Press Writer
10:05 p.m. EDT, October 6, 2009

NEW YORK (AP) — President Barack Obama's approval ratings are starting to rise after declining ever since his inauguration, new poll figures show as the country's mood begins to brighten. But concerns about the economy, health care and war persist, and support for the war in Afghanistan is falling.

An Associated Press-GfK poll says 56 percent of those surveyed in the past week approve of Obama's job performance, up from 50 percent in September. It's the first time since he took office in January that his rating has gone up.

People also feel better about his handling of the economy and his proposed health care overhaul.

But not about the war.

Support for the war in Afghanistan has declined, the poll said Tuesday. And approval of Obama's handling of it is holding steady — in contrast to his gains in other areas — as he considers a big troop increase there. Poll respondents narrowly oppose the increase.

Overall, 39 percent said they disapproved of Obama's performance in office, down from 49 percent last month.

While a majority of those surveyed remain pessimistic about the direction of the country, that number has begun to improve, too. The poll found 41 percent now believe the U.S. is headed in the right direction, compared with 37 percent in September.

But a large majority of respondents said they remain very concerned about most of the major issues facing the country. The economy was the biggest concern, with 88 percent saying they consider it extremely or very important, followed by unemployment, health care, terrorism, the budget deficit, taxes and the war in Afghanistan.

The increase in Obama's job approval rating was driven by a more positive view of his handling of nearly all of those issues.

Fifty percent of those surveyed said they approved of the president's handling of the economy, up from 44 percent in September. And 48 percent said they approved of his handling of health care, up six points and about equal to the 47 percent who said they disapproved. Obama has made health care the signature domestic issue of his presidency.

Terence Glass, a 45-year-old Milwaukee resident studying to be a teacher, said he was pleased with Obama's handling of health care and the economy, especially his decision to provide federal help to the ailing auto industry.

"We have to look at what was going on before he got in his office. The country was in pretty bad shape," Glass, a Democrat said, adding that since Obama had become president, "I look at it now and I think it's doing a little better."

The only measure that remained unchanged from September was Obama's handling of the war in Afghanistan. Forty-six percent said they approved of his handling of the conflict, while 41 percent disapproved.

Indeed, the poll found a drop in overall support for the 8-year-old war. Forty percent said they favored it, down four points from July, while 57 percent said they were opposed. Some 46 percent favor sending more U.S. troops there, while 50 percent oppose a troop increase, a major decision Obama is weighing.

Obama boosted troop levels in Afghanistan last spring by about 21,000. He and his national security team are now reviewing a warning by Gen. Stanley McChrystal, commander of U.S. forces in that country, that the war will be lost without another big increase.

Glenda Holton, 53, a retired Army sergeant from Dublin, Ga., said she strongly disapproved of Obama's performance in office — and opposed a troop increase.

"I don't feel like they need to have any of them over there," she said about U.S. troops in Afghanistan. "Because it's not doing any good, it's escalating and there hasn't been any improvement."

Holton, who did not vote for Obama in the general election and considers herself an independent, added, "It's not our fight over there."

To be sure, the poll found persistent and deep partisan divisions over Obama. While 88 percent of Democrats said they approved of his performance in office, just 18 percent of Republicans approved. But that GOP figure was up six points since September, when only 12 percent of Republicans said they approved.

Obama's job approval has also gone up among independents. Fifty-three percent said they approved of the president's job performance, a nine point increase since September. Even more strikingly, the percentage of independents who said they disapproved plunged 16 points, from 53 percent last month to 37 percent now.

The poll of 1,003 adults was conducted Oct. 1-5, using both landline and cell phone interviews, with a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points.

___

AP Polling Director Trevor Tompson and AP writers Natasha Metzler and Christine Simmons in Washington contributed to this report.

___

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
:wink2:I recommend to anyone not afraid of listening to the truth --go to you tube ---search Fannie and Freddie hearings --You will hear and see from their own mouths what the Repubs and Dems did or did not do --- view "Burning down the House" I do not have the computer skills to post it on this site ----if anyone else can -please do. I thank you in advance !
For Island Fox