Obama recieves endorsement from Hamas

brett636

https://web.archive.org/web/2009080...er/Hamas_Endorses_Obama/2008/04/17/88754.html

Hamas Endorses Obama

Thursday, April 17, 2008 10:21 AM

By: Newsmax Staff

Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama has received an endorsement he might well wish he hadn’t — from the militant Palestinian group Hamas.
Ahmed Yousuf, Hamas’ top political adviser in the Gaza Strip, delivered his endorsement in an interview with WorldNetDaily and WABC Radio in New York.
“We like Mr. Obama, and we hope that he will win the elections,” Yousuf said.
“I do believe [Obama] is like John Kennedy, a great man with a great principle. And he has a vision to change America, to [put] it in a position to lead the world community, but not with humiliation and arrogance.”
The U.S. and Israel have been seeking to isolate Hamas, which seized control of Gaza in June and is classified by the State Department as a terrorist group.
Obama, as well as presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and John McCain, have all referred to Hamas as a “terrorist organization,” according to WorldNetDaily.
Asked about Obama’s criticism of former President Jimmy Carter’s meeting with Hamas during his Middle Eastern trip, Yousuf said:
“I understand American politics and this is the season for elections and everybody tries to sound like he’s a friend of Israel…
“I hope Mr. Obama and the Democrats will change the political discourse when one of them will be the president.”

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Overpaid Union Thug

https://web.archive.org/web/2009080...er/Hamas_Endorses_Obama/2008/04/17/88754.html

Hamas Endorses Obama

Thursday, April 17, 2008 10:21 AM

By: Newsmax Staff

Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama has received an endorsement he might well wish he hadn’t — from the militant Palestinian group Hamas.
Ahmed Yousuf, Hamas’ top political adviser in the Gaza Strip, delivered his endorsement in an interview with WorldNetDaily and WABC Radio in New York.
“We like Mr. Obama, and we hope that he will win the elections,” Yousuf said.
“I do believe [Obama] is like John Kennedy, a great man with a great principle. And he has a vision to change America, to [put] it in a position to lead the world community, but not with humiliation and arrogance.”
The U.S. and Israel have been seeking to isolate Hamas, which seized control of Gaza in June and is classified by the State Department as a terrorist group.
Obama, as well as presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and John McCain, have all referred to Hamas as a “terrorist organization,” according to WorldNetDaily.
Asked about Obama’s criticism of former President Jimmy Carter’s meeting with Hamas during his Middle Eastern trip, Yousuf said:
“I understand American politics and this is the season for elections and everybody tries to sound like he’s a friend of Israel…
“I hope Mr. Obama and the Democrats will change the political discourse when one of them will be the president.”

© 2008 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

This one is interesting as well. I'm highly disappointed with the IBT!

diesel96

So because some A-hole likes him, it makes him bad. Wow, aren't people gullible these days. I wonder how McCain would feel if top leader of the KKK would endorse him. He'll probably take it like he did with pastor Hagee.
What if Hamas likes Apple Pie, Country music and Cheverolts....should we flush them down the toilet also?

Jones hit the nail on the head with his comic strip, seriously, I feel like I am watching a cartoon about a group of retarded people flinging poo, rather then a presidential election sometimes.

tourists24

maybe it doesnt necessarily make Obama bad, but it should make you think just WHY would a group like this openly and vocally support him?

brett636

So because some A-hole likes him, it makes him bad. Wow, aren't people gullible these days. I wonder how McCain would feel if top leader of the KKK would endorse him. He'll probably take it like he did with pastor Hagee.
What if Hamas likes Apple Pie, Country music and Cheverolts....should we flush them down the toilet also?

Jones hit the nail on the head with his comic strip, seriously, I feel like I am watching a cartoon about a group of retarded people flinging poo, rather then a presidential election sometimes.

This endorsement is a good example of why Obama's proposed policies are probably not the best for our country. I've been saying this all along, and Hamas endorsing Obama proves it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Somebody sent me a few quotes from Obama's books.........don't kill the messenger:wink2:

This guy wants to be our President and control ourgovernment. Pay close attention to the last comment!! Below are a few lines from Obama's books " his words:

From Dreams of My Father: "I ceased to advertise mymother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."

From Dreams of My Father : "I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mothers race."

From Dreams of My Father: "There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself,maybe. And white."

From Dreams of My Father: ; "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

From Dreams of My Father: "I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son ofAfrica , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm,DuBois and Mandela."

From Audacity of Hope: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." WOW!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
moreluck,

I googled up some of those quotes, and this was one of the first sites that popped up.

I hope you didn't get then from there :dissapointed:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh right !!! That's my home group and our meetings are every Thursday night.....wanna come ??

I told you at the beginning of my post that someone sent them to me. I didn't search them out.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Besides, if it's a quote from Obama's books, what difference does it make where it's posted?? It's from HIS books.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Besides, if it's a quote from Obama's books, what difference does it make where it's posted?? It's from HIS books.
I was just kinda following along with Brett's logic, ie, Obama is endorsed by Hamas, ergo he hates America, your quote based attack on Obama is endorsed by Nazis, ergo.......get the picture? ( and no I don't think you're a nazi, I think Brett's logic is ridiculous :wink2:)

brett636

I was just kinda following along with Brett's logic, ie, Obama is endorsed by Hamas, ergo he hates America, your quote based attack on Obama is endorsed by Nazis, ergo.......get the picture? ( and no I don't think you're a nazi, I think Brett's logic is ridiculous :wink2:)

Sometimes you can be reasonable, other times I think your somehow related to diesel and BS. Please point out to me where I said Obama hates America. I posted factual information that Obama is being endorsed by Hamas, a terrorist organization whose main focus is the destruction of Israel and all non muslims. Obama has proven he has poor judgement, and lacks even more in the logic department, but how can you say that his own proposed policies are not fatally flawed when they are getting approval from the scum of the earth terrorist organizations like Hamas?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Sometimes you can be reasonable, other times I think your somehow related to diesel and BS. Please point out to me where I said Obama hates America. I posted factual information that Obama is being endorsed by Hamas, a terrorist organization whose main focus is the destruction of Israel and all non muslims. Obama has proven he has poor judgement, and lacks even more in the logic department, but how can you say that his own proposed policies are not fatally flawed when they are getting approval from the scum of the earth terrorist organizations like Hamas?
You are correct, what I should have said was:
Obama is endorsed by Hamas, which reflects poorly on Obama, your quote based attack on Obama is endorsed by Nazis, which reflects poorly on.......get the picture?
It still doesn't make sense. I saw this article pop up on the AP this morning:
"Hang that darky from a tree!"

Clearly these racists would endorse McCain over Obama, so what does that say about McCain? Absolutely nothing, because he didn't seek out their endorsement and I'm sure if you asked him he would wholeheartedly and honestly reject it, just as Obama would with this endorsement from Hamas.

Obama's economic plan vs McCain's economic plan is a valid issue and should be debated.

McCain's healthcare plan vs Obama's healthcare plan is a valid issue and should be debated.

McCains' plan for Iraq vs Obama's plan for Iraq is a valid issue and should be debated.

What does Hamas think about all this? Who cares. They don't live here, they don't vote, it's not their country. Basing important decisions around "what would Hamas want us to do?" makes absolutely no sense at all.

wkmac

Clearly these racists would endorse McCain over Obama, so what does that say about McCain? Absolutely nothing, because he didn't seek out their endorsement and I'm sure if you asked him he would wholeheartedly and honestly reject it, just as Obama would with this endorsement from Hamas.

Obama's economic plan vs McCain's economic plan is a valid issue and should be debated.

McCain's healthcare plan vs Obama's healthcare plan is a valid issue and should be debated.

McCains' plan for Iraq vs Obama's plan for Iraq is a valid issue and should be debated.

What does Hamas think about all this? Who cares. They don't live here, they don't vote, it's not their country. Basing important decisions around "what would Hamas want us to do?" makes absolutely no sense at all.

I think as campaigns proceed and endorsements take place, there will be more fodder to come. As for those endorsements meaning anything, some of these folks and groups are doing like a lot of folks here in that for example, McCain isn't their first choice but as Jones said, they ain't gonna vote the other way. Hagee's endorsement surprised a lot of folks considering Huckabee's background but I think it speaks more about Hagee although it's fun to throw it out on McCain's behalf. I believe Hagee endorsed McCain hoping he can obtain political advantage with a connection to a potential sitting President. In other words, he hoping to used McCain so to speak for his own gain. McCain's camp knows Hagee's ministry reaches as lot of people so they are not gonna throw those possible votes away but they have no real intention of making an office for Hagee in the WH.

I also believe Wright and Obama are and have been using one another for years. I think Obama claimed Wright's church as home because of it's connection in the community and the leverage for his own local political career it would provide. On the national scene, Wright proved to be dead weight so Obama jetisoned the good Reverend. The blowback came when Wright knew he'd been double crossed and in effect decided he'd drag Obama under the bus with him. Wright IMO showed very clearly that Obama shares the same trait as Hillary in that she will do/use whatever she has to for the top prize. I personally think this is being way over looked while the media and talk shows make mileage from Wright's other statements.

We and I'm includng myself here just add to the whole circus. IMO Jones post about of The Modern World cartoon was the absolute best post of the thread and that includes anything I could ever say on the issue. The cartoon hitthe nail on the head! Nice post Jones!

brett636

The difference is McCain has not recieved that endorsement. Hamas will endorse the candidate that most closely supports their cause, and that person is Barak Obama. This should be alarming to anyone who wants to vote for this man as President. Its amazing how you try to marginalize issues like this.

diesel96

My only real complaint from our right wing cheerleader Brett, is you flail your pom-poms around and fail to mention that Barack does not go out and SEEK endorsements from Hamas, and yet you publicized this non issue as if has something to do with Obama's judgement or logic. Typically, you throw in the words such as "factual information","fatally flawed" and "scum of the Earth Terrorist" in the hope of "alarming" support to your own littlle fantasy of Republican "politics of fear" pep rally.

tourists24

Barack does not go out and SEEK endorsements from Hamas, and yet you publicized this non issue as if has something to do with Obama's judgement or logic.

Non issue,,, I think the people who endorse you are of issue. Maybe not so much if it's just one coincidental, but Obama is really starting to gather some odd supporters. Hamas was first; next came Al Jazeera; next came NARAL (pro abortion group). Again I ask even if Obama didnt seek it out, why do these groups support him? It's because of his political leanings (to the far left).

diesel96

Non issue,,, I think the people who endorse you are of issue. Maybe not so much if it's just one coincidental, but Obama is really starting to gather some odd supporters. Hamas was first; next came Al Jazeera; next came NARAL (pro abortion group). Again I ask even if Obama didnt seek it out, why do these groups support him? It's because of his political leanings (to the far left).

Then why are you and your friends on the right blow off McCain's endorsements that he actually went out of his way and seeked from the Wacko evangelists Hagee and Parsley. And maybe I should mention lobbiest Doug Goodyear......
John McCain's choice to manage the GOP convention this summer, whose firm represented Burma's repressive regime. Great judgement displayed our friend McCain.

brett636

Then why are you and your friends on the right blow off McCain's endorsements that he actually went out of his way and seeked from the Wacko evangelists Hagee and Parsley. And maybe I should mention lobbiest Doug Goodyear......
John McCain's choice to manage the GOP convention this summer, whose firm represented Burma's repressive regime. Great judgement displayed our friend McCain.

John Hagee has apologized to Catholics, now will Jeremiah Wright apologize for being a racist?

Last I checked John McCain doesn't have support from a group which lobs missiles on Israel and is funded by the likes if Iran and Syria.