Obama Wins - Unionizing Fed Ex

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I remember Fred saying he would close or get out before he would allow a Union in his company. I wonder if he will make good on his statement?

PAUPSER

I thought we have a horrible contract. Why would we wan't to burden Fedex employees with the same?

I have a lot of friends that work with Fedex and wouldnt want to do that to them LOL because yes I agree that the current contract sucks!
We need to send Hoffa packing

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
you know, i'm confused by how Obama's people can't explain the tax cuts for working families. I think I read somewhere that as many as 40% of families don't pay taxes at all. Giving those families a $1000 dollar tax break is effectively giving them nothing. They already don't pay taxes. They make the excuse that the tax break is suppose to help a family or a kid who wants to go to college help make that decision. I don't understand that, unless that college student is working while going to school he doesn't pay taxes, so how does that help him? And if he's talking about that grand helping out families with kids going to school, well to use Obama's own words it's "chump change."

Now on to unionizing FedEx. Have they decided whether or not FedEx is changing their drivers from contractors to employees? I haven't heard if that was settled or not. If they do get unionized, it only benefits UPS cause FedEx won't be able to be as competitive.

Kevin211

I also feel that the current contract sucks...I would like to see us under the National Master Frieght Contract myself...(Yellow,ABF,Roadway)
I would hope that under OBAMA we can GROW the union to the numbers we had in the 60-70's, with number comes power....

Kevin211

Off the wall Question, After reading a post from a guy on here and at the end it said lets send Hoffa Packing,
Here is my question, What does it take to Run against Hoffa in the Election? Do you need to be an official of a Local or can any Peon run against him?

you know, i'm confused by how Obama's people can't explain the tax cuts for working families. I think I read somewhere that as many as 40% of families don't pay taxes at all. Giving those families a $1000 dollar tax break is effectively giving them nothing. They already don't pay taxes. They make the excuse that the tax break is suppose to help a family or a kid who wants to go to college help make that decision. I don't understand that, unless that college student is working while going to school he doesn't pay taxes, so how does that help him? And if he's talking about that grand helping out families with kids going to school, well to use Obama's own words it's "chump change."

http://taxcut.barackobama.com/

upsdude

Not so fast, the Senate Republicans can launch a Filibuster against any “Card Check” legislation in the Senate. The Dems don’t have a Filibuster proof majority.

I don’t see this being a top priority for the new prez anyway.

Channahon

What makes anyone think that the people who earn over $250k,or us for that matter, are going to stop playing the same games to minimize their taxes that they have been playing up to now? Deductions,loopholes,losses,whats going to change?[/quote]

Please share your loopholes, cause I can tell you, deductions over the years have been minimized based on your income.

Maybe Obama can restructure the IRS, which has probably never been done. I don't think they even undestand their rules. Ever have the opportunity to speak to a respresentative during tax time? Turbo Tax the only way to go, they understand the rules better than the IRS and write software to assist the average American.

With the economy today, you have to have gains to claim your losses, and I don't think anyone has any gains anywhere, unless you make some gains illegally.

Back to the thread topic, not an Obama campaign promise!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If unionizing FedEx is one of Obama's top 100 priorities, .

Maybe I do not fully understand what it would take to unionize FedEx.

I was thinking that if the Dept of Labor, headed by Obama appointees, actively pursued the redesignation of FedEx Express to the covered under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), which allows workers to organize locally, making it easier to form unions.

As for FedEx Ground, the same logic applies for the Justice Dept pursuing the changing of contract workers to be treated as employees rather than independent contractors.

These pursuits would not even involve Obama other than him giving the nod.

Are these not valid thoughts?

Last edited:

upsdude

Maybe Obama can restructure the IRS, which has probably never been done. I don't think they even undestand their rules. Ever have the opportunity to speak to a respresentative during tax time? Turbo Tax the only way to go, they understand the rules better than the IRS and write software to assist the average American.

Eliminate the IRS.

www.fairtax.org

705red

Browncafe Steward
I also feel that the current contract sucks...I would like to see us under the National Master Frieght Contract myself...(Yellow,ABF,Roadway)
I would hope that under OBAMA we can GROW the union to the numbers we had in the 60-70's, with number comes power....
Are you smoking crack? While our contract isnt the best it could be on the national level its alot better than the nma for freight, try gettting $2.20 over the next 5 years in raises to put you right around $26 an hour! Have you ever looked at your check stub? we will be making a hell of alot more than that!

paidslave

Are you smoking crack? While our contract isnt the best it could be on the national level its alot better than the nma for freight, try gettting $2.20 over the next 5 years in raises to put you right around $26 an hour! Have you ever looked at your check stub? we will be making a hell of alot more than that!

He voted for McCain too! Some people don't understand anything.....he probably thinks he will benefit like that idiot Joe the Plumber....

There are a lot of Joe the Plumber posting on this site...Just disregard anything they say..