October contract meeting

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

NO I will not take a wage freeze when the company is making BILLIONS of dollars a quarter we aren't making $31 hour because we in the past agreed to a wage freeze. The only thin I might agree to is a level yearly wage in crease of the life of the contract (ie $.75, $.80. Etc )

So you would be willing to pay for a portion of your healthcare?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
NO I will not take a wage freeze when the company is making BILLIONS of dollars a quarter we aren't making $31 hour because we in the past agreed to a wage freeze. The only thin I might agree to is a level yearly wage in crease of the life of the contract (ie $.75, $.80. Etc )

So you would be willing to pay for a portion of your healthcare?

NO!!!!!! Why do you insist we give back when the company is making about $5,000,000,000 a year. Yeah that's a lot of zeros. I know I know we have to compete with ground blah blah blah. Truth is we r competing just fine we deserve raises. The cost of living goes up wages must increase. That's facts. If you say there is no inflation well I promise you there will be an it will be high with the rate we are printing money.

AKCoverMan

Well, as to $60 a week contribution.. let's run some numbers.

There are what like 50,000 of us? At $60 a week for 52 weeks a year that's $156 million a year. UPS made a $5.76 billion profit in 2011.. if we had been kicking in this $60 a week the profit would have been like $5.90 billion. It really doesn't change the big picture of the company's financials much. $5.90 vs. $5.76.

But $60 a week out of my pay is over $3,000 a year or about three entire take home paychecks. Big impact.

Big impact on us for practically no impact on company bottom line. I say tell em to pound sand.

AKCoverMan

There are about 200,000 of us I think. That includes part timers though.

Well assuming you were gonna make all PTs also pay $60 a week (when I was a PTer my whole take home was about $120 a week so can't see how that is gonna fly) that would make a total of $624 million. So instead of $5.9 billion in profit it's more like $5.3 billion profit. Plus if the company is paying the health care instead of shifting it to us there is a tax break so the gap is smaller than that.

Still dosen't seem as significant as losing three full paychecks as a driver.. or half your take home as a PTer.