Off due to non work related injury

ACmoses

I had surgery back in August 2018 and my initial injury takes up to 9 months to heal completely so I can go back to driving. Aetna just sent me a cancellation of my FMLA after the 3 month period. Anyone here apply and receive an extension for FMLA? And were your medical premiums covered while on extension? Thanks for any info!

trickpony1

You might contact your state's Wage and Hour Division of the Dept of Labor and ask if Aetna can arbitrarily cancel your FMLA. You might explain your full situation to them.

Then...

Contact your state's Insurance Commission and ask, essentially, the same questions being sure to ask about stipends you are/were receiving being arbitrarily stopped.

DOK

I had surgery back in August 2018 and my initial injury takes up to 9 months to heal completely so I can go back to driving. Aetna just sent me a cancellation of my FMLA after the 3 month period. Anyone here apply and receive an extension for FMLA? And were your medical premiums covered while on extension? Thanks for any info!

Thought fmla was a 12 week thing then you had to go through the whole process again of applying? Not sure on that though.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Why are you on FMLA. You should be on disability.

But Aetna is correct. You're only eligible for 12 weeks of FMLA.

ACmoses

I am on short term disability and on FMLA. That is what I was advised to do through NW Administrators. Our contract is not as clear on the coverage.

DOK

I am on short term disability and on FMLA. That is what I was advised to do through NW Administrators. Our contract is not as clear on the coverage.

FMLA is so Ups can’t replace you and to keep up your health benefits while you’re off. We too are advised to apply for fmla she we’re off on disability.

IESucks

Maybe it's just me but why not call Aetna and ask what the requirements are for extension and see or talk to your doctor instead of asking here. Unbievable

ACmoses

Maybe it's just me but why not call Aetna and ask what the requirements are for extension and see or talk to your doctor instead of asking here. Unbievable
Thanks, I did and will talk to my doctor. Every person is treated as a liar at UPS. I understand that some use the system and I don't agree with them. Most of us do not. My injury is well documented with surgery and the protocol for healing is long and well documented. I am really wanting to get back to work as soon as I can. Personally its very expensive to try and pay bills with short term disability.