OFF TOPIC: Anyone Use Comcast Internet?

MassWineGuy

I have Verizon’s FIOS for voice, tv and internet. But I’ve reached my limit of paying more, now $125, and getting less. I’m pretty certain about giving up a landline and cable tv for my cell phone and a digital antenna.

Comcast has a year long internet only deal for $30/month. Goes to $90 after that, but their rep said deals can be offered for less.

Verizon’s Internet-only is about $70/month.

Can those using Comcast please offer their opinions and experiences? I hate both companies. But is either better relative to the other?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I've had Comcast teaser plans before. No issues with the company but the price spikes when the teaser ends. We had cable/internet/phone and it was cheaper than cable/internet and we never activated theh phone.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Comcast? :censored2:ing sucks ass. Unfortunately it's my only option around here. I don't have TV service but the internet likes giving me ping spikes or dumping out for a few minutes at a time on a fairly regular basis. #1 lowest rated company in customer service in America several years running for a reason.

vantexan

Comcast? :censored2:ing sucks ass. Unfortunately it's my only option around here. I don't have TV service but the internet likes giving me ping spikes or dumping out for a few minutes at a time on a fairly regular basis. #1 lowest rated company in customer service in America several years running for a reason.
Had the same issues with Spectrum in Kansas City area. Went from 100 mbps with them to 25 with AT&T and got better service. Then had a couple of snowstorms last winter and AT&T hasn't been as good since.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Verizon internet only for $70/ month isn't too bad... just get streaming tv boxes and an antenna for local news channels. I've got a generic box with kodi running

I got xfinity internet only ($90/month), which is Comcast too I guess...since the Verizon team didn't lay fiber optic cable in my neighborhood yet.

the xfinity hot spots work great for my inactive smart phone with free Google Voice texting on it. That's the only thing over Verizon that kept me from switching.

I have my own router and WiFi gear, so I'm not renting their equipment as well