Old cars rotting away on your route?

I never understand all the people who keep unregistered cars and they end up sitting forever. Not classic old cars but I see tons of cars, mostly from the '90's and early 2000's that are just rotting in yards. Some were taken off the road still in good condition and could have been sold for some decent money at the time they took it off the road. But once it sits for years it becomes worthless. Why do people forfeit money when they can get it?
Pipe dreams of fixing them?

Cementups

Box Monkey
I never understand all the people who keep unregistered cars and they end up sitting forever. Not classic old cars but I see tons of cars, mostly from the '90's and early 2000's that are just rotting in yards. Some were taken off the road still in good condition and could have been sold for some decent money at the time they took it off the road. But once it sits for years it becomes worthless. Why do people forfeit money when they can get it?

Pipe dreams of fixing them?

Exactly. I have a '91 Honda CRX sitting in my MILs yard that a friend gave me. Has s little front end damage but nothing thats not fixable. It's been there for 2.5 years. I just have no time to work on it. I have all the parts, just no time.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Exactly. I have a '91 Honda CRX sitting in my MILs yard that a friend gave me. Has s little front end damage but nothing thats not fixable. It's been there for 2.5 years. I just have no time to work on it. I have all the parts, just no time.
If it was a '71 Roadrunner I would yell at you....it's a '91 honda................

FilingBluesFL

20151202_122927.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
My first car was a 90 Toronado. First ever car with FWD. Olds made some great rides up until the mid 80's

At the risk of (thanks to Google) being called a know it all--- (heaven forbid) The Olds Toronado was the first modern mass produced American FWD car. In 1898/9 a FWD car called a Victoria Combination was patented in France. In 1904 a FWD car was patented in the USA. There were many FWD foreign cars in the 40's thru the 60's. And now you know the rest of the story. :-)

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
At the risk of (thanks to Google) being called a know it all--- (heaven forbid) The Olds Toronado was the first modern mass produced American FWD car. In 1898/9 a FWD car called a Victoria Combination was patented in France. In 1904 a FWD car was patented in the USA. There were many FWD foreign cars in the 40's thru the 60's. And now you know the rest of the story. :-)

Don't forget the Cord. One of the prettiest cars ever made, and way ahead of it's time.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Oops, forgot it was a FWD topic.

That being the case, you know my favorite already Cosmo..........(1st gen) MINI COOPER!!!!!!!!

I got to fly my inner rice flag again yesterday.

Brought one of these (same color and all) down your way.

scion.jpg

Other than the Tokyo-at-midnight paint job, it was a nice little sled.