OMG!!!! Amazon Prime Day set for July 15, 16!!!! Welcome to logistics HELL!

comtnbrown

What say you my fellow brown brethren, we in our hub have been bent over backwards with the onslaught of Amazon next and second day air. Commit times have been put on the back burner, deliver on route is the norm now. Clock out at 10 p.m. at the latest. Helpers, what helpers. New 22.4 drivers, what new 22.4 drivers. Be safe!!!

542thruNthru

Our building said 9.5 doesnt matter

Then I only have one thing to say.
20190618123354.jpg

:)

Indecisi0n

Bring on Prime Day. In Feeder it's just another day. One trailer or set at a time.

55 to stay alive.
54 pays more.
Have to admit the best day in feeders was during Christmas while I was waiting on a door and the rat race of package cars came flying out the building in the morning . It was like roaches scattering every which way . I could almost feel the pressure of all those drivers . I just sat back, rested my arm on my arm rest and smiled. Ahhhhh

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
What say you my fellow brown brethren, we in our hub have been bent over backwards with the onslaught of Amazon next and second day air. Commit times have been put on the back burner, deliver on route is the norm now. Clock out at 10 p.m. at the latest. Helpers, what helpers. New 22.4 drivers, what new 22.4 drivers. Be safe!!!
E3191155-AFDD-492E-BD87-11B8397E0BB1.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
Have to admit the best day in feeders was during Christmas while I was waiting on a door and the rat race of package cars came flying out the building in the morning . It was like roaches scattering every which way . I could almost feel the pressure of all those drivers . I just sat back, rested my arm on my arm rest and smiled. Ahhhhh
. Tell the truth- you choked your chicken didn’t you?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Even a minor disturbance of the force is enough to create a bad day or week. Prime day may or may not cause this. There is a subject that could help us model probabilities and tidy up the network with something that started in the 70's called chaos theory.

Last years prime day went very well: lower than expected turnout and all 3 major carriers + regionals + amazon flex trials meant prime day was a flatline.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yeah it was barely noticeable. All I remember was everyone complaining because Amazon hyped it up as this great deal then only put a bunch of junk on sale.
My customers buy Amazon every day so a few more pieces won't matter.