OMG!!!! Amazon Prime Day set for July 15, 16!!!! Welcome to logistics HELL!

Rack em

Made the Podium
Our package DM was told job is on the line if LIB volume is not corrected and prime day expect a spike. That message was sent to CMS and HR get your stuff together or all of will be replaced!
Our Saturday deliver sign up sheet is two pages full all part time guys signed up
He better update his resume then!

Dumbo

Walmart and Target are both going to compete with Prime day. 90% of our drivers are on the 9.5 list now so it's already been tough. Should be interesting.

542thruNthru

Nope. Its paradise
1tvf.gif

MattM

Christmas in July? There's been two sets of sign up sheets for non peak driver helpers @ top rate at my building. They've called everyone. They either can't get enough people or need even more. People raking in the money at my facility now.

What does this this mean for drivers in progression? How can brand new ups PT employees be making $37, while half of my areas drivers are struggling and still in progression?

What's absolutely ridiculous is this building is known to fail 80% of incoming drivers. Yet they'd rather pay top rate for helpers? Our company needs help. This doesn't make sense.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Christmas in July? There's been two sets of sign up sheets for non peak driver helpers @ top rate at my building. They've called everyone. They either can't get enough people or need even more. People raking in the money at my facility now.

What does this this mean for drivers in progression? How can brand new ups PT employees be making $37, while half of my areas drivers are struggling and still in progression?

What's absolutely ridiculous is this building is known to fail 80% of incoming drivers. Yet they'd rather pay top rate for helpers? Our company needs help. This doesn't make sense.
Sounds like a good time get off my butt call HR and "remind" them of my position on the job bid sheets.

We had a day-2 driver go out with 500 pieces 200+ stops a few weeks ago

PT Car Washer

PT air drivers delivering or picking up ground packages are paid top driver rate. Starting air driver is $15/hr and hard to keep anyone unless UPS throws some ground on them and pay them top rate. This could all change once the 22.4 drivers are ramped up.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I thot this thread was moved to the Amazon section by now...

eats packages said:
We had a day-2 driver go out with 500 pieces 200+ stops a few weeks ago

giphy.gif

Ok, how many drivers went to help? Or did he sank and returned with 100+ boxes after his 12 hour day?

_20190701_195941.JPG

Yup, on the FXG side, I'm seeing this paper tape on a couple of boxes today... there's 4 Amazon DSPs in my rural area right now, compared to similar UPS drivers as well

while I'm still covering a 200 mile radius until they get more drivers up to speed.

We're slowly losing FXG drivers to Amazon since they pay hourly... plus ot over 8 hours, so I have no idea if those DSP subcontractors are even making a profit

I thought the purple side had dropped the Amazon account???

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Off that week planned it perfectly I might say so myself, I'm already getting ready to tell my center manager to go :censored2: himself if he dares asks me to come in and help for that week.