On demand p/u's and CSR's

Catatonic

Nine Lives
They used to be UPS employees. To save money, UPS outsourced to a company that pays minimum wage and has constant turnover.

Not minimum wage but they do have high turnover. It is a very difficult job dealing with customers ... not something I would want to do.
I know some of them make over $15 an hour and they start several dollars above minimum wage.

They have to deal with irate customers like Dilli had several times a day on average and be polite to them even though they are wrong 90% of the time and jerks all the time.

The CSRs do not collect 1Zs other than return packages. It is time consuming and serves no purpose except for really stupid people calling UPS with FedEx packages.

In regards to the "Air" displayed in the DIAD and ODS - the CSR selects the actual service level but the mapping process extracting from the order database changes it to either Ground or AIR. This is based on older, retired legacy pickup systems that had only "Air", "Ground" or "Intl".

DS

Fenderbender
good post diili...I'm in the city,and don't have to deal with 4PM air drops.I do however often have to get my air picked up at 8:00pm
and the system often sends me oncalls for 1 pkg that is actually 97 pkgs.
When I call the driver hotline to expedite a brokerage fee dispute,I get some chick in South America
taking the persons visa number over the phone.
Your idea is simple and relevant.
But your little corner of the world is low priority.
Maybe some genius is busy changing brown to green.
I give up.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Not minimum wage but they do have high turnover. It is a very difficult job dealing with customers ... not something I would want to do.
I know some of them make over $15 an hour and they start several dollars above minimum wage.

They have to deal with irate customers like Dilli had several times a day on average and be polite to them even though they are wrong 90% of the time and jerks all the time.

The CSRs do not collect 1Zs other than return packages. It is time consuming and serves no purpose except for really stupid people calling UPS with FedEx packages.

In regards to the "Air" displayed in the DIAD and ODS - the CSR selects the actual service level but the mapping process extracting from the order database changes it to either Ground or AIR. This is based on older, retired legacy pickup systems that had only "Air", "Ground" or "Intl".
With all the upgrades and all the new programs and telematics and ODSe and and all the other crap coming down the pike, this needs to be fixed. NOW!!!! :knockedout:

All I can do is shake my head and think, "WHY?!?!?". I don't understand. :surprised:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
good post diili...I'm in the city,and don't have to deal with 4PM air drops.I do however often have to get my air picked up at 8:00pm
and the system often sends me oncalls for 1 pkg that is actually 97 pkgs.
When I call the driver hotline to expedite a brokerage fee dispute,I get some chick in South America
taking the persons visa number over the phone.
Your idea is simple and relevant.
But your little corner of the world is low priority.
Maybe some genius is busy changing brown to green.
I give up.
Ooooh, don't even get me started on this............................. GRRRRRRRR

barnyard

KTM rider
As to part 1 = if the customer is too stupid to figure out which number to call, then they should have to spend the $12. Their mistake, not ours.

part 2 = the telephone CSR folks are obviously not smart. Asking them to do 1 more task may be the thing that pushes them over the edge or disqualifies them for the job. When my customers ask me, I tell them to access us via the web. I explain that they are waaaay smarter than anyone they will get over the phone. If they really need to talk to someone, I give them the center phone number.