On Time Feeder Network

quad decade guy

With the advent of TSP....

Will the hubs get in line?

To leave on time(scheduled)....the loads have to be wrapped and ready. This is and is not the case now.

How about CPU? We can beat up the hub for delays.....how about customers?

In the way back days...way before Amazon/Fed Ex ground......UPS told drivers "just leave if they(customers) aren't ready.....".

We didn't have video surveillance back then. Or GPS tracking. Both will be deployed(for awhile now) to make these "schedules" a reality.

Delays will be closely scrutinized for "time theft" as causes. Count on it.

BTW, if you are delayed for anything....go on delay. If you get any inkling......hit delay. If you are told "you can't use delay", get a Steward and have it resolved in writing. CYA will become very important as MGT will be CYA'ing their careers. This flows downhill. Forcing an issue can cut both ways. Have your facts in order. Make them show you how if you can't do it.

We are even being questioned about breakdowns(as they cause delays and missed service). Expect pressure there too. If you have a balky fifth wheel for example....go on breakdown as soon as the problem surfaces until resolved. Send a text message via IVIS. There, it's all documented. Notice I didn't say call them on your personal phone. Use the IVIS.....if they don't read it....oh well.

Commercial Inside Release

IMO, TSP is insulting! As if UPS is full of workers that are lazily sandbagging. That's not the case, anywhere. You've got preloaders loading five cars, loaders\unloaders getting injured & worn, automated facilities running as fast as they'll go, lines of planes waiting to take off, feeders stuck in construction & traffic.

Everyone is already yelled at & threatened to the point of brainwashing, yet they for some reason think more stick will salvage the network. And, since it's Friday... In another hour, all of operations will pretty much be headless, as every manager above beginning part time supe, will have bolted for the door and started their weekend early!

Trucker Clock

Will the hubs get in line?

Nope.

To leave on time(scheduled)....the loads have to be wrapped and ready.

It is not your problem. You leave when your trailer(s) door is closed.

How about CPU? We can beat up the hub for delays.

Again, not your problem. You leave when your trailer is ready to go.

We didn't have video surveillance back then. Or GPS tracking. Both will be deployed(for awhile now) to make these "schedules" a reality.

What does GPS have to do with anything. If you are not stealing time, if you are doing your job the way you should be, you don't need to worry about anything except doing it the way you've been doing it.

Leave when your trailer door is closed.

Delays will be closely scrutinized for "time theft" as causes. Count on it.

How hard is this for you? If your trailer door is not closed by your pull time, go on Central Sort. If you have a breakdown, go on breakdown. It is documented.

Or are you one of those that goes on Central Sort even though your trailer is ready to go? Then you have a problem.

BTW, if you are delayed for anything....go on delay. If you get any inkling......hit delay. If you are told "you can't use delay", get a Steward and have it resolved in writing. CYA will become very important as MGT will be CYA'ing their careers. This flows downhill. Forcing an issue can cut both ways. Have your facts in order. Make them show you how if you can't do it.

Ummmm, these are the methods and the way you should be doing it now. If you are doing things by the methods, you will see no changes. If you are stealing time now, either change or bye, bye.

We are even being questioned about breakdowns(as they cause delays and missed service). Expect pressure there too.

A breakdown is a breakdown. Unless you are one of those that goes on breakdown all the time over things that you know are OK, but like to steal time and go to the shop anyway for them to tell you what you already knew?

If you have a balky fifth wheel for example....go on breakdown as soon as the problem surfaces until resolved.

TPS does not change this. These are the methods you should be doing now.

There, it's all documented.

It should have been already documented, before TSP, unless you never did things by the methods to start with.

quad decade guy

Nope.

It is not your problem. You leave when your trailer(s) door is closed.

Again, not your problem. You leave when your trailer is ready to go.

What does GPS have to do with anything. If you are not stealing time, if you are doing your job the way you should be, you don't need to worry about anything except doing it the way you've been doing it.

Leave when your trailer door is closed.

How hard is this for you? If your trailer door is not closed by your pull time, go on Central Sort. If you have a breakdown, go on breakdown. It is documented.

Or are you one of those that goes on Central Sort even though your trailer is ready to go? Then you have a problem.

Ummmm, these are the methods and the way you should be doing it now. If you are doing things by the methods, you will see no changes. If you are stealing time now, either change or bye, bye.

A breakdown is a breakdown. Unless you are one of those that goes on breakdown all the time over things that you know are OK, but like to steal time and go to the shop anyway for them to tell you what you already knew?

TPS does not change this. These are the methods you should be doing now.

It should have been already documented, before TSP, unless you never did things by the methods to start with.
In a perfect world........where things "ARE THE WAY THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE"........

Alas.....they are not.

But you see.....we work at UPS.

You say: "So? Methods are what you are suppose to be doing....the rest will fall in line....."

Uh no.

To wit: I have a long feeder run. I often have to drive a CNG. A CNG can't make my run non-stop. Why? I don't know why UPS has vehicles that are inferior to other vehicles. So, it will require fueling onroad. There are only 2 places to fuel along the way. Often, the pumps are inop or my fuel card doesn't work. You get towed.....And where is my assigned diesel(that will make it nonstop?) Who knows....broken(because we are too cheap to fix it), it is given out to someone else....So? You say. Well, I get a phone call(on-road)....while fueling.....why? We don't have a freaking fueling option....ON-ROAD! You put in breakdown. Why? IDK. They act like it isn't happening....just like the hub, traffic problems and so on.

This is just a small taste of everyday incompetence. I won't get into the hub problems as they are just too numerous.

Point: We are held accountable for every second of our day. Just putting central sort in your IVIS or delay or whatever doesn't tell what happened or exact details of which we are held accountable. You say: GPS doesn't matter, nor in-cab surveillance.....

I don't know....is scratching my nuts stealing time? Distracted driving?

Our jobs require many variables.

I get weary of getting my integrity questioned(that's what it really is) when I'm just negotiating obstacles out of my control and put in place by the incompetent leadership and even co-workers.

Say, why won't the hubs get in line?

Last edited by a moderator:

Trucker Clock

You say: "So? Methods are what you are suppose to be doing....the rest will fall in line....."

Yep.

To wit: I have a long feeder run. I often have to drive a CNG. A CNG can't make my run non-stop. Why? I don't know why UPS has vehicles that are inferior to other vehicles.

Not your problem.

So, it will require fueling onroad.

Something you get paid extra for, on top of your mileage pay.

There are only 2 places to fuel along the way. Often, the pumps are inop or my fuel card doesn't work. You get towed.....

Not your problem.

And where is my assigned diesel(that will make it nonstop?) Who knows....broken(because we are too cheap to fix it), it is given out to someone else....So? You say.

Not your problem.

Well, I get a phone call(on-road)....while fueling.....why? We don't have a freaking fueling option....ON-ROAD! You put in breakdown.

Why would you put in breakdown for fueling? No wonder they question your integrity all the time.

If there is no on-road fueling option, that's on them.

They act like it isn't happening....just like the hub, traffic problems and so on.

There must be a reason why they don't believe you and keep questioning your integrity.

Just putting central sort in your IVIS or delay or whatever doesn't tell what happened or exact details of which we are held accountable.

Yes it does. Central Sort is used when they are still loading your trailer. Delay is used when your tractor is not ready, equipment is not ready, or your meet driver is late, or there is a traffic delay. Pretty self explanatory.

You say: GPS doesn't matter,

Nope. It just allows them to know where you are.

You say: GPS doesn't matter, nor in-cab surveillance.....

Never mentioned in-cab surveillance.

I don't know....is scratching my nuts stealing time?

Nope. Scratch away.

Distracted driving?

Something you should not be doing, according to the methods.

I get weary of getting my integrity questioned(that's what it really is) when I'm just negotiating obstacles out of my control and put in place by the incompetent leadership and even co-workers.

There must be a reason why your integrity is being questioned. You been doing something you shouldn't be doing? You coding your IVIS inaccurately? You coding one thing and doing something else?

Not your problem.

quad decade guy

Yep.

Not your problem.

Something you get paid extra for, on top of your mileage pay.

Not your problem.

Not your problem.

Why would you put in breakdown for fueling? No wonder they question your integrity all the time.

If there is no on-road fueling option, that's on them.

There must be a reason why they don't believe you and keep questioning your integrity.

Yes it does. Central Sort is used when they are still loading your trailer. Delay is used when your tractor is not ready, equipment is not ready, or your meet driver is late, or there is a traffic delay. Pretty self explanatory.

Nope. It just allows them to know where you are.

Never mentioned in-cab surveillance.

Nope. Scratch away.

Something you should not be doing, according to the methods.

There must be a reason why your integrity is being questioned. You been doing something you shouldn't be doing? You coding your IVIS inaccurately? You coding one thing and doing something else?

Not your problem.
But they are(my problems).
In a perfect world........where things "ARE THE WAY THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE"........

Alas.....they are not.

But you see.....we work at UPS.

Uh no.

To wit: I have a long feeder run. I often have to drive a CNG. A CNG can't make my run non-stop. Why? I don't know why UPS has vehicles that are inferior to other vehicles. So, it will require fueling onroad. There are only 2 places to fuel along the way. Often, the pumps are inop or my fuel card doesn't work. You get towed.....And where is my assigned diesel(that will make it nonstop?) Who knows....broken(because we are too cheap to fix it), it is given out to someone else....So? You say. Well, I get a phone call(on-road)....while fueling.....why? We don't have a freaking fueling option....ON-ROAD! You put in breakdown. Why? IDK. They act like it isn't happening....just like the hub, traffic problems and so on.

This is just a small taste of everyday incompetence. I won't get into the hub problems as they are just too numerous.

Point: We are held accountable for every second of our day. Just putting central sort in your IVIS or delay or whatever doesn't tell what happened or exact details of which we are held accountable. You say: GPS doesn't matter, nor in-cab surveillance.....

I don't know....is scratching my nuts stealing time? Distracted driving?

Our jobs require many variables.

While your responses are crafted to attack and bully....the answers are far more complicated than flippant generalities.

You make it seem as if these things are not happening and so are dismissed.....

See, mgt bullies employees much the same ways as on BC. For example: Your pull-time is late. Often, just coding "Central Sort" is not good enough. The camera surveillance is proof enough you are not trusted(questioning integrity).

What is fascinating.....sure you aren't mgt? Sure sound like it. You sound just like some center mgr assuming time theft. "You are friend'ing me".......or a pro-mgt Steward.

BTW, the breakdown and fueling was explained. Yet, you bullied anyway. Why?

You didn't mention in-cab surveillance because you magically dismissed it. Like a lot of other things. Conveniently.

The on-time feeder network is alive and well.

Trucker Clock

Trucker Clock

I bullied you?

I responded to your claims and told you that it is a UPS problem, not your problem. And you call that bullying?

Drive what you are given, code your IVIS the way you were trained and don't steal time.

Simple.

@quad decade guy

Oh, I'm sorry, you'll call this bullying too.

You think every time somebody criticizes you it is bullying. You do things wrong and I'll call you out on it. It is not bullying, it is criticizing. There is a difference.

Seems like bullying is the only word you know. You can't take criticism so you call it bullying.

Last edited:

Trucker Clock

This is bullying also.

Yes, the bullying.

@burrheadd asked you a question...Did something trigger you?

How does this fit the definition of bulling? Did he harm, frighten, hurt, mistreat, intimidate or coerce you with this question. Please explain.

bul·ly
/ˈbo͝olē/

verb
gerund or present participle: bullying
seek to harm, intimidate, or coerce (someone perceived as vulnerable).

bully
noun [ C ]
UK /ˈbʊl.i/ US /ˈbʊl.i/

someone who hurts or frightens someone else, often over a period of time, and often forcing them to do something that they do not want to do:

bullying
adjective
Definition of bullying (Entry 2 of 2)

: prone to or characterized by overbearing mistreatment and domination of others

Bullying is a form of aggressive behavior in which someone intentionally and repeatedly causes another person injury or discomfort.

Bullying is the use of force, coercion, hurtful teasing or threat, to abuse, aggressively dominate or intimidate. The behavior is often repeated and habitual. One essential prerequisite is the perception (by the bully or by others) of an imbalance of physical or social power.

qdg2

@burrheadd asked you a question...Did something trigger you?

How does this fit the definition of bulling? Did he harm, frighten, hurt, mistreat, intimidate or coerce you with this question. Please explain.

bul·ly
/ˈbo͝olē/

verb
gerund or present participle: bullying
seek to harm, intimidate, or coerce (someone perceived as vulnerable).

bully
noun [ C ]
UK /ˈbʊl.i/ US /ˈbʊl.i/

someone who hurts or frightens someone else, often over a period of time, and often forcing them to do something that they do not want to do:

bullying

adjective
Definition of bullying (Entry 2 of 2)

: prone to or characterized by overbearing mistreatment and domination of others

Bullying is a form of aggressive behavior in which someone intentionally and repeatedly causes another person injury or discomfort.

Bullying is the use of force, coercion, hurtful teasing or threat, to abuse, aggressively dominate or intimidate. The behavior is often repeated and habitual. One essential prerequisite is the perception (by the bully or by others) of an imbalance of physical or social power.
Yes.

Tell us more.

qdg2

@quad decade guy opened up a new account today. I’m sorry, you’ll say this is bullying.
This is not^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I simply did this to get out of Q. Nothing else has changed. quad decade guy will never come back.

It's also off topic. It went off topic to bully me. There are literally hundreds of pages of this(bullying).

Last edited:

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
We got the TSP donuts today. Looks like they are going to enforce their unrealistic schedule times. TSP = harassment

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This is not^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I simply did this to get out of Q. Nothing else has changed. quad decade guy will never come back.

It's also off topic. It went off topic to bully me. There are literally hundreds of pages of this(bullying).
@BadIdeaGuy lets see what ya got

Here we have mr @Quad openly admitting to changing his screen name to skirt the mod que

Next move is yours