"On Topic" Bad Attendance

km3

Depends if they are sick days. You hardly see someone who has not taken at least 5 days off in a year because of our state's Über sick days.

We don't have those here. Generally speaking, if you're not at work it's because you're on vacation, have an option day, or it's an unexcused absence.

BiggieBrown

When I call off they don't say anything to me at all.
I walk in the door and my PT sup just kind of shrugs his shoulders and says hi and I say hi and there's like this 3 seconds of awkward eye contact where I wait for him to say something but then he just looks away and never says anything and then that's it.

I know they bitch about it when I'm not there because when other people call off they piss and moan like it's the end of the world but when I'm there they never say anything.

I think they are afraid that if they say anything to me I'll blow up.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No. I overslept once and and came in an hour late but only once. Outside of that I'm usually 10 min early.

I'm on preload. I have a decent enough relationship with my supervisors. I'm a hard worker and I do as I'm told. Never had any issues with supervisors outside of them being nonplussed when I refuse to come in 4 hrs before my shift starts.

The dude is notorious for being incredibly petty/a huge dick I don't think I want to open that can of worms.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
When I call off they don't say anything to me at all.
I walk in the door and my PT sup just kind of shrugs his shoulders and says hi and I say hi and there's like this 3 seconds of awkward eye contact where I wait for him to say something but then he just looks away and never says anything and then that's it.

I know they bitch about it when I'm not there because when other people call off they piss and moan like it's the end of the world but when I'm there they never say anything.

I think they are afraid that if they say anything to me I'll blow up.

I bet you have the hardest pull in the building don’t you

You sound like a real badass no wonder
Supe won’t screw with you

He doesn’t want to see you “blow up”

Lmao

RolloTony Brown Town

In over a year of working here I've called in 6 times. Is that actually considered bad attendance or is my boss just busting my balls?
If I have sick time is it frowned on to use it? I've never gotten talked to about this per se but I've been told a couple times that my attendance is bad and that I need to improve but at the same time I see guys getting away with calling in multiple times a week and just showing up for the last 2 hrs of the day or not even showing up at all with zero consequences.

6 in a year isn’t good but if they truly aren’t holding the other employees accountable then you’ll be ok. Have you been issued a warning letter? If not then you’re free and clear for the time being.

22.34life

6 call ins in one year is not bad attendance anywhere,lucky for us we dont go by the year we go by a 9 month period.dude in my building I have represented guys with 30,40,50 no calls in 9 months.

rod

Retired 22 years
6 call ins in one year is not bad attendance anywhere,lucky for us we dont go by the year we go by a 9 month period.dude in my building I have represented guys with 30,40,50 no calls in 9 months.

JMO---they should be shown the door. I bet the days they do work they aren't worth a friend either.