(On Topic) Feeder driver loses life on I-80/I-94 near Chicago

browned out

What happened to Marvin is horrible. RIP

Can someone get a hold of Marvin's family and make sure that they receive the up to $100,000 max UPS Life Insurance. Probably around $70,000 total in his case. If he was in Central States.

Teamcare is only responsible for $40,000 but Marvin was covered under the old language of the benefits of the UPS plan prior to 2014. UPS should send a check for the rest.

I am sure the family needs the promised funds.

Contract states on page 171. Short term disability, life insurance and dental benefits will be provided through Central States Health and Welfare (TEAMCARE) UPS will cover the differential between what Central States Health and Welfare currently provides and what the employee had as a benefit prior to January 1,2014.

The UPS driver's exact benefit before 2014 was as follows : 2080 times the drivers hourly rate up to a max of $100,000.

In my case; UPS has not been following page 171; UPS has not paid what they are required to.

Lets make sure this devastated family gets all the help they are entitled to.

UPS HR number is 1-855-877-4772

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Regardless of who stopped where and how it happened, the primary focus here is the loss of a fellow UPSER.
Please let us use this thread to remember he was only 38, had so much in life ahead of him, so many plans and goals for the New Year and beyond, and the loss to his Family (home and work)
Let us hope those close to him have the strength to deal with this tragic and sudden loss.
I agree and thank you for your post.
Respect for others, especially one of ours, should be paramount.
There is nothing wrong with starting another thread to discuss safety if desired.
There seems to be some posts missing from this thread.
Only the ones not respectful to a fallen brother.