"On Topic Please Mates" 2 Questions may I ask.

bacha29

Brevity is the soul of wit.

Repetition is drudgery.
If you find it so repetitive then why do you continue to read it? Look I was just trying to help the guy out At least I came up with something when I suggested that he contact the American Embassy . You guys got any better ideas ?

Nolimitz

Op
Get a 6 month travel visa, rent a car, see America first hand while not trying to make a buck while doing it. I did 3 months on the rd with 2 mates camping and driving. You can cover a lot of ground. in a rig you will be stuck with the main highways and see next to nothing other than asphalt.

bacha29

Op
Get a 6 month travel visa, rent a car, see America first hand while not trying to make a buck while doing it. I did 3 months on the rd with 2 mates camping and driving. You can cover a lot of ground. in a rig you will be stuck with the main highways and see next to nothing other than asphalt.
And since he's from the "outback" the obvious choice of rental cars would be an Outback.

TNT Frosty

Op

If I didnt have that thing called bills, but for me, I rather do it in a big rig, sure its not for everyone, I know that.
But yea, I would like to earn my keep, and even make money on the side while seeing what I can, while im over there; our VISA's we can go for are the E-3; this allows us to stay and work in America for 2 years, however, after the first time (having to be in Australia to do the VISA application), the times after that, can all be done in the states without flying back to Australia.

You might want to contact the American Embassy and explain what you want to do. Can't hurt anything by asking. Think you could learn to drive on the right side of the road? if you have as much experience and qualifications as you claim perhaps a company like Swift could get you a residency waiver of some type. Swift has three guys on every truck.......One coming.....One driving and one leaving. On the down side you might have a hard time finding a truck stop where you can get Australian beer and a vegemite sandwich.

Ive spoken to the Embassy about this to see what are the steps, as well, calling some of the FedEx depots where I can have places to stay, all have no idea.
Even the regional manager here in Australia, doesnt know the first steps.

The first steps are to first have a job to arrive too, and waiting for me.
After that, the company then hands in forms to the immigration to apply for the VISA on my behalf (even if they have job, it could still be rejected).
Once that stage is done, then I must book an appointment to the US Embassy to do my part of the paper work.

On looking for the jobs, even swift requires me to of lived in the states for 3 years regardless; ironic part is, they dont care about experience so, just papers to show ive been paying bills/taxes for 3 years.
Smith Trucking requires 1 year of driving CDL-A(not even living) in the states first.
Walmart requires 3 years of living in the states.
=================

Main reason for wanting to go FedEx... well.. im a TNT line-haul driver, or FedEx(ground) driver; and would think that the transition would be easier to do if some yards hire VISA workers (the other form of child worker)

=================

Side note, this E-3 VISA also requires the company to pay me the same rate as an American driver, and get checked up on quarterly or yearly.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Sounds like a HUGE headache to me. :mellow:

But you sound quite determined to do this so I wish you the very best in your endeavor.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If I didnt have that thing called bills, but for me, I rather do it in a big rig, sure its not for everyone, I know that.
But yea, I would like to earn my keep, and even make money on the side while seeing what I can, while im over there; our VISA's we can go for are the E-3; this allows us to stay and work in America for 2 years, however, after the first time (having to be in Australia to do the VISA application), the times after that, can all be done in the states without flying back to Australia.

Ive spoken to the Embassy about this to see what are the steps, as well, calling some of the FedEx depots where I can have places to stay, all have no idea.
Even the regional manager here in Australia, doesnt know the first steps.

The first steps are to first have a job to arrive too, and waiting for me.
After that, the company then hands in forms to the immigration to apply for the VISA on my behalf (even if they have job, it could still be rejected).
Once that stage is done, then I must book an appointment to the US Embassy to do my part of the paper work.

On looking for the jobs, even swift requires me to of lived in the states for 3 years regardless; ironic part is, they dont care about experience so, just papers to show ive been paying bills/taxes for 3 years.
Smith Trucking requires 1 year of driving CDL-A(not even living) in the states first.
Walmart requires 3 years of living in the states.
=================

Main reason for wanting to go FedEx... well.. im a TNT line-haul driver, or FedEx(ground) driver; and would think that the transition would be easier to do if some yards hire VISA workers (the other form of child worker)

=================

Side note, this E-3 VISA also requires the company to pay me the same rate as an American driver, and get checked up on quarterly or yearly.

you can always be an Uber driver
They take anybody with a pulse

oldngray

nowhere special
you can always be an Uber driver
They take anybody with a pulse
picdump_3142_26.jpg

bacha29

Sounds like a HUGE headache to me. :mellow:

But you sound quite determined to do this so I wish you the very best in your endeavor.
Spot on. You'd like to help the guy but he'll still have to carry out the responsibilities of the job including having to haul loads into some of the most depressed and crime infested parts of the nation. Definitely not going to get the scenic tour loads until he's been there for quite awhile. Not to mention driving in New England coastal storms and Rocky Mountain winters.