One Company One Union

any122

adirondack man
That union should be the APWA just for the fact of as a company we would have more pull over contract talks if we stick together.If we our all under the same union we would all strike together.If we our all one union we would take care of UPS employees only not all our competition.If UPS freight was on strike do you think Yellow freight would be on strike to?Yea Right.Under the APWA we could all enjoy the best wages the best pensions and the best benefits in the industry.In order to accomplish this we most make the right choice for the benefit of all and that isn't the IBT.In order to have any pull over the BIG BROWN MONSTER we have to be united to pull the plug that powers the beast.If you trust MR.Hoffa to do this you our only fooling yourself.We the people the fine employees of UPS our the only ones who can make this happen!

badpas

That union should be the APWA just for the fact of as a company we would have more pull over contract talks if we stick together.If we our all under the same union we would all strike together.If we our all one union we would take care of UPS employees only not all our competition.If UPS freight was on strike do you think Yellow freight would be on strike to?Yea Right.Under the APWA we could all enjoy the best wages the best pensions and the best benefits in the industry.In order to accomplish this we most make the right choice for the benefit of all and that isn't the IBT.In order to have any pull over the BIG BROWN MONSTER we have to be united to pull the plug that powers the beast.If you trust MR.Hoffa to do this you our only fooling yourself.We the people the fine employees of UPS our the only ones who can make this happen!
AMEN to that. Lets not forget that if for no other reason we would be getting 100% of our retirement money invested, we wouldn't have to worry about working until we are 65{for most of us} to get our full pension, let alone getting an Ok to work somewhere else if we so wished and so on and so on. Change is inevitable, if they don't want to change we'll be forced to do it for them. Oh yea, lets also not forget they are the one making easy to look for a better alternative.

brett636

What a well thought out and written post. I don't see a hint of propoganda or pointless rambling. Just point after point after point about how much better we will be after we rid ourselves of the teamsters representation and go with this untested and unknown group. Why I'm going to send the APWA $250 just because I have this good feeling deep down inside that they are the right choice for me.

/sarcasm off

any122

adirondack man
What a well thought out and written post. I don't see a hint of propoganda or pointless rambling. Just point after point after point about how much better we will be after we rid ourselves of the teamsters representation and go with this untested and unknown group. Why I'm going to send the APWA $250 just because I have this good feeling deep down inside that they are the right choice for me.

/sarcasm off
Glad to see you finally pulled your head out and put your money in a good investment.To show your full support send a extra $250.00 for the hard work it's going to take to undo all the years the reamsters screwed everything up.:thumbup1:

30andout

/sarcasm off
Don't have much faith in your fellow workers if you feel they are that stupid that they cannot represent themselves.

krash

Go big orange

/sarcasm off
By golly, I will too Bret. Do you think they'll make us Regional Supervisor Manager Captain District Statewide team leader's?:thumbup1:

30andout

By golly, I will too Bret. Do you think they'll make us Regional Supervisor Manager Captain District Statewide team leader's?:thumbup1:
No I think they would want more serious, grown up people to represent us, Thanks for the offer though.:wink:

badpas

Thanks brett, I feel your pain too because you know what they say "knowledge is power." So I guess we'll have to make our decision one at a time by using the information infront of us. Of course there no need to get into a listing argument, we all know where that would get us but sooner than later we're going to have to do just that and make that list and that decision. I'm no different than most, just an average joe package car driver who feels we could better but at the same time know without a shadow of a dought I could do better job of negotiating than what I've seen and that is and will be the difference if we were to go with the apwa. That is having people with a go-getter attitude who knows just what needs to be done. We have to remember that our teamster officials aren't people with rocket science background but just everyday people with either some education or at the very least common sense. Its just to bad that the decision making process has gotten so bad. I see alot of good info and alot of talk since I've been able to view this site but one things for sure is that we are all on the same team and no matter what happens we need to keep in mind what is best for us and not let anyone tell us, teamsters or not, what we can do with our money, time or whatever. All I want is what I've earned nothing more nothing less.

Cole

Like the wusses on the safety committee...

LOL! Seriousley, anyone can be on the safety committe's, but I am sure the company picks certain people they want to head them up. I will say the guy that's doing ours now is pretty good at voicing what he feels is wrong, or unsafe.

Bill

You forgot to mention that in order to accomplish this monumental feat (decertifying the Teamsters), the workers need to send in the petition card.

krash

Go big orange
Sorry don't think their going to need any actors either. But if they find the need for a comedian I'll recommend you.
I'm gonna hold you to that. Because we're gonna need lots of laughs when UPS rapes the heck outta us after the decert:crying:

Cole

If APWA becomes the CBA, UPS will have to bargain, and if they think they will have a free ride to fire at will, then they'll be in for a very rude awakening imho;)

krash

Go big orange
If APWA becomes the CBA, UPS will have to bargain, and if they think they will have a free ride to fire at will, then they'll be in for a very rude awakening imho;)
Brother cole,
I hope your right if they our successful in there attempts. But if there plans for are national domination, it ain't gonna happen. You and I both know that they might have a chance in these right to scab states, but not elsewhere. Especially not the area's CS isn't a concern. So they might wanna scale back there plans.
Anyhow, back to the guinea pig:thumbup1:

Cole

Brother cole,
I hope your right if they our successful in there attempts. But if there plans for are national domination, it ain't gonna happen. You and I both know that they might have a chance in these right to scab states, but not elsewhere. Especially not the area's CS isn't a concern. So they might wanna scale back there plans.
Anyhow, back to the guinea pig:thumbup1:

If it can happen at CS, what's to stop it from happenning elsewhere? I think the fact that the APWA is out there will keep a lid on pensions problems for awhile anyway.

Ah you got your daughter the guinea pig eh? I was lost there for a minute!

I am not a big proponent of right to work/scab, but you would think it would make the unions get off their duffs more but it doesn't.