Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
...because here come the full-size, 7 foot Christmas Tree's from Amazon!

Amazon to sell live, full-sized Christmas trees online

Excerpts fom the article:

You could say Amazon.com Inc. is branching out.

For the first time, the e-commerce giant will sell live, full-sized Christmas trees this year, the Associated Press reported Tuesday. AmazonAMZN, -0.52% told the AP that the trees will be shipped in a box within 10 days of being cut down, and should survive the trip just fine.

(And the best part)...

The trees will go on sale starting in November, and some will be eligible for free shipping through Amazon Prime

tumblr_mj82a6uj971r1ilogo1_400.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Really nothing new. LL Bean was doing this years ago. I get artificial trees all the time.

rod

Retired 22 years
We use to have live trees all the time. Gurney and some of the other seed companies shipped fruit trees and maples and most all kinds of leafy trees. Granted they weren't evergreens but they were still 5 - 6 foot tall.

rod

Retired 22 years
We use to have live trees all the time. Gurney and some of the other seed companies shipped fruit trees and maples and most all kinds of leafy trees. Granted they weren't evergreens but they were still 5 - 6 foot tall. (post whoring)

oldngray

nowhere special
We use to have live trees all the time. Gurney and some of the other seed companies shipped fruit trees and maples and most all kinds of leafy trees. Granted they weren't evergreens but they were still 5 - 6 foot tall. (post whoring)
They were bundled but some places would get a couple of full package cars of trees every Spring.

AlliSeeisBrown

I'm sure these will be wrapped up tight like a casper mattress when they're shipped. So I can see perfectly what will happen when a customer receives a half dead tree. Pulls it out of the box, can't get it back in, slaps call tag on the trunk of the tree, gets mad when driver won't pick up a sappy full span Christmas tree.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm sure my daughter in Texas will order 2 or 3 of them. She loves Amazon Prime and live Xmas trees but always complains how expensive they are down there. They used to be 8-10 bucks around here but that was a few years ago. We also went out and cut our own when the kids were little.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I hope they are ready to drag the tree up from the mailbox , that’s where I will be delivering it ... DR MAILBOX

Last edited:

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Just because you post the same thing twice doesn't make it any more entertaining than just posting it once

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm sure my daughter in Texas will order 2 or 3 of them. She loves Amazon Prime and live Xmas trees but always complains how expensive they are down there. They used to be 8-10 bucks around here but that was a few years ago. We also went out and cut our own when the kids were little.
Usually 5-7 dollars per foot around here.