openly gay drivers

tieguy

Banned
My arse tightens up reading this post. Who cares what body cavity anyone prefers during sexy-time!! :raspberry-tounge:

I think all these comments made here supporting the gays rights to live and work and exist are wonderful and I do agree with them.

But I also think we kind of dance around the issue. People in general like to get into their little groups and joke around about other groups that are different then them. Whether its being gay, dressing different, decorating their houses different or having a big mole on their cheek. Is it ok to joke around about differences as long as you don't discriminate in action?

I rarely come across someone at work who is "openly gay". There are people known to be gay or assumed to be gay but not openly talking about being gay. it just does not come up in conversation unless you develop a close trusted friendship with someone who is gay.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I believe it may be against the law to inquire about a person sexual preference. Besides, how would HR flag a potential resume? Maybe putting a "Liberace" sticky on the right hand corner?

Reminds me of a scene in the movie "Stripes". When the recruiter asks "Are any of you gay"? Harold Ramis and Bill Murray look at each other and say....no! But we are willing to learn!

"would they send us to a special school for that"?
I looked for a You Tube link for that scene yesterday but couldn't find it.

"convicted?...never convicted".

hdtvtechno

Since we talking about openly gay people..

The Sanitation worker who sweeps the street and drives the snow plows is openly gay in my neigherhood.. "Just Saying"

UPSSOCKS

sober;

Re: your....

"It would not surprise me to find out that there is an unwritten policy at UPS that encourages the hiring of gay people. From a purely economic standpoint, gay people are statistically less likely than straight people to become pregnant or have kids, which typically means less absenteeism issues and lost time due to maternity/paternity leave."

I've never heard anyone else express their thoughts on the topic, in quite that way. Interesting....it's a whole different slant that I'd never even thought of considering. Now you've got me wondering if, perhaps, there's some hard data floating around that could back up (what appears to be, at least) a pretty well-informed opinion.

From my perspective, I doubt if there's an "official" policy as such, and I kinda' (not absolutely) doubt that there's even an unofficial one...but now you've got me wondering if there should be.

Kinda' caught me off guard me with that one, I must admit.

I know someone who pretended to be flaming just to get promoted. Yes just like women, and anything other than caucasian, gay will get you promoted faster.

UPSSOCKS

Threads like this is the cause of people wanting to be gay. Gay people are only gay because they need attention. You guys call me a troll. Homosexuality is a troll and the more you feed it, the more people want to be gay.

klein

Für Meno :)
I know someone who pretended to be flaming just to get promoted. Yes just like women, and anything other than caucasian, gay will get you promoted faster.

It's also job security. They get away with more.
Fire them, and they will cry discrimination !

D

Dis-organized Labor

Threads like this is the cause of people wanting to be gay. Gay people are only gay because they need attention. You guys call me a troll. Homosexuality is a troll and the more you feed it, the more people want to be gay.

So, now you want to be gay?
You used to want to be a UPSer!

raceanoncr

Threads like this is the cause me wanting to be gay. Gay people are only gay because they need attention and I need attention. You guys call me a troll. Homosexuality is a troll and the more you feed it, the more I want to be gay.

Well, you're doing a pretty good job yerself, there, Elton.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
A couple of things.

I find it interesting how many people want to define someone else by only one thing. Be it hair color, left/right handed, male/female and the list is long. They are things you can see and notice without ever saying anything.

And I am assuming that openly gay is one that is attempting to promote the lifestyle, or trying to get laid. I have seen that behavior at times in the general public, but never at UPS. To me, that type of behavior exhibited at work would fall under sexual harrassment, which is no longer sex specific.

So I see the whole premise of the discussion a bit dishonest. The one example given of a driver exibiting this type of behavior would get you fired (that is assuming that the poster is trustworthy, which he has been shown not to be)

So basically it sounds like there are some people on this site that really have issues with other people's personal choices. Get over it. Its their life. What they do in private is none of your business. Just like the other way around.

Also, I find the rationalzation of gay people being a better choice interesting. Again, you are steriotyping.

I find that people are people. IT does not matter to me that the driver next to me goes home to their same sex partner any more than the one on the other side that goes home to the other sex partner they are not married to. None of my business.

As long as they do there jobs, what does sex have to do with anything?

d

D

Dis-organized Labor

A couple of things.

I find it interesting how many people want to define someone else by only one thing. Be it hair color, left/right handed, male/female and the list is long. They are things you can see and notice without ever saying anything.

And I am assuming that openly gay is one that is attempting to promote the lifestyle, or trying to get laid. I have seen that behavior at times in the general public, but never at UPS. To me, that type of behavior exhibited at work would fall under sexual harrassment, which is no longer sex specific.

So I see the whole premise of the discussion a bit dishonest. The one example given of a driver exibiting this type of behavior would get you fired (that is assuming that the poster is trustworthy, which he has been shown not to be)

So basically it sounds like there are some people on this site that really have issues with other people's personal choices. Get over it. Its their life. What they do in private is none of your business. Just like the other way around.

Also, I find the rationalzation of gay people being a better choice interesting. Again, you are steriotyping.

I find that people are people. IT does not matter to me that the driver next to me goes home to their same sex partner any more than the one on the other side that goes home to the other sex partner they are not married to. None of my business.

As long as they do there jobs, what does sex have to do with anything?

d

HMMM... too deep for me.

I have an issue with the comment about hair color though....

Mine is pure flesh! All my hair is on my left hand and my back!

Are you not judging me equally?

I feel that Oh DannyBoy is discrimating against me in a public forum....

Any Sea Lawyers out there??

Moderator, Moderator........

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I have an issue with the comment about hair color though....

Mine is pure flesh! All my hair is on my left hand and my back!

Are you not judging me equally?

I feel that Oh DannyBoy is discrimating against me in a public forum....
hehehe, you have made my point even better. Thankyou.

But to be fair, I did not say where the hair of color had to be. You assumed it had to be on your head.

Again, thanks for the chuckle!

d