openly gay drivers

City Driver

was just wondering how it was over on the other side of UPS about openly gay drivers

we dont have any (males) now, but about 3 years ago we did, and the guys harrased him so bad that he quit

we only have 1 female and she is a yard jockey and she is openly gay

P

pickup

was just wondering how it was over on the other side of UPS about openly gay drivers

we dont have any (males) now, but about 3 years ago we did, and the guys harrased him so bad that he quit

as for the female, probably the best stance to adopt when surrounded by a bunch of truck drivers

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
How in the world do you know the sexual preference of your co-workers? Just because a guy talks about hunting,football, knows mechanics,bashes gays, etc....might be a closet gay and his way of blending in.

I propose this question to you: What if one of the most unlikely guy in your workplace confided to you that he preferred male partners, would you treat him differently?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
How in the world do you know the sexual preference of your co-workers? Just because a guy talks about hunting,football, knows mechanics,bashes gays, etc....might be a closet gay and his way of blending in.

I propose this question to you: What if one of the most unlikely guy in your workplace confided to you that he preferred male partners, would you treat him differently?

He checks them out when they are peeing in the yard.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's just a job, why do you even care what your co-workers do on their own time? If I saw someone harassing an openly gay driver I would report them to HR. People should have the right to come to work and do their job without getting hassled for being different. The guys you work with sound like some real class acts.

tarbar66

I'd tell him or her that's was more than I need to know!

P

pickup

He did say "openly gay".

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Why are you wondering?
Thinking about coming out?

klein

Für Meno :)
We have 2 open ones at our centre, 1 male , other female.

The male is really crazy though.
He won't go 1 or 2 minutes into a conversation, without showing his gay pride.
Even when the new center manager or sup arrived... first thing he had to say , is that he is "different".

He took a few packages off me , a couple of times, delivered them ofcourse in my area, and my customers...
Again, he would introduce himself as being gay.

Hated it, because, sometimes I got harrassed, buy 1 or 2 companies (with younger receivers, and even older ones), teasing me, how my buddy was doing, and if I live with him, or go out with him, etc.

For us normal guys, it's kinda like going up to a secretary, and telling them, btw, I'm single.

I think it's wrong ! Keep it to yourself !

And to top it off, I never seen anyone cry more in our center.. not a female or male as he did.
Heavy workload, = tears.
And for some odd reason it works for him... management listens to him.
Unlike the rest of us with a "suck it up" response.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am unaware of any gay male drivers in my building; I'm sure they are there but my male gaydar doesnt work very well.

A significant percentage of our female workforce is openly gay. My female gaydar works pretty good, probably because my sister and many of her friends are gay.

It would not surprise me to find out that there is an unwritten policy at UPS that encourages the hiring of gay people. From a purely economic standpoint, gay people are statistically less likely than straight people to become pregnant or have kids, which typically means less absenteeism issues and lost time due to maternity/paternity leave.

This is just a hypothetical observation on my part and in no way a value judgement. I personally am a staunch supporter of gay rights but I understand and respect the fact that others might feel differently.

City Driver

do you know what openly gay means??

these arent just guys i see at work every once in a while, well go out drinking on the weekends or play poker, things like that.....we get to know each other

PobreCarlos

sober;

Re: your....

"It would not surprise me to find out that there is an unwritten policy at UPS that encourages the hiring of gay people. From a purely economic standpoint, gay people are statistically less likely than straight people to become pregnant or have kids, which typically means less absenteeism issues and lost time due to maternity/paternity leave."

I've never heard anyone else express their thoughts on the topic, in quite that way. Interesting....it's a whole different slant that I'd never even thought of considering. Now you've got me wondering if, perhaps, there's some hard data floating around that could back up (what appears to be, at least) a pretty well-informed opinion.

From my perspective, I doubt if there's an "official" policy as such, and I kinda' (not absolutely) doubt that there's even an unofficial one...but now you've got me wondering if there should be.

Kinda' caught me off guard me with that one, I must admit.

we don't have any (males) now, but about 3 years ago we did, and the guys harassed him so bad that he quit

Gosh,nice to know you guys had so much time on your hands that you could hunt down and bash the gay guy. What was the beef with him? When you guys stood around peeing off the dock his "unit" put yours to shame?

Don`t worry City,the last report from the CDC say that homosexuality isn`t catching for now but if you ask nice I`m sure the gay guy would be glad to bend you over and give you a shot.

MY opinion and I`ll stand by this forever is the fact that the people most offended,worried,and apt to "bash" a gay person is the same group of people so insecure in their own sexuality that they actually think they can "catch" gay and or need to attack a gay person by what ever means to "prove" that they are straight.

City Driver

Don`t worry City,the last report from the CDC say that homosexuality isn`t catching for now but if you ask nice I`m sure the gay guy would be glad to bend you over and give you a shot.

MY opinion and I`ll stand by this forever is the fact that the people most offended,worried,and apt to "bash" a gay person is the same group of people so insecure in their own sexuality that they actually think they can "catch" gay and or need to attack a gay person by what ever means to "prove" that they are straight.

i said the guys, not me, i dont have any problem with gays, thanks for asking

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Why do I get the feeling that when city talks about "the guys", what he really means is "me and my buddies".

OK Klein,let`s look at your statement with just a slight adjustment in wording,shall we.
We have 2 open ones at our centre, 1 male , other female.

The male is really crazy though.
He won't go 1 or 2 minutes into a conversation, without showing his (Canadian) pride.
Even when the new center manager or sup arrived... first thing he had to say , is that he is (Canadian).

He took a few packages off me , a couple of times, delivered them ofcourse in my area, and my customers...
Again, he would introduce himself as being (Canadian).

Hated it, because, sometimes I got harassed, buy 1 or 2 companies (with younger receivers, and even older ones), teasing me, how my buddy was doing, and if I (play hockey), or (drink beer on the clock), etc.

For us (American) guys, it's kinda like going up to a secretary, and telling them, btw, I'm (not Canadian).

I think it's wrong ! Keep it to yourself ! (like being a Canadian)

And to top it off, I never seen anyone cry more in our center.. not a female or male as he did.
Heavy workload, = tears.(Fired for drinking on the clock = woe is me,I didn`t do anything wrong = tears)
And to go off topic here for a moment. Don`t connect tears to weakness. Some of the worst ass beatings you`ll ever get are from someone who`ll shed a tear. In understandable circumstances I shed a tear yet I am quite confident I could beat the stupid out of you. No Klein,I`m not angry with you,just making a point. Now back to the subject.

And for some odd reason it works for him... management listens to him.(Like every other form of whining doesn`t get that effect)
Unlike the rest of us with a "suck it up"(careful there unless you`re talking beer) response.

One of the best drivers in my bldg is a woman who is gay. Not openly,she choose who she tells,the rest can piss off. She is not mannish,actually she is quite pretty. But I most admire her because she has more guts and will stand her ground on anything she feels is wrong. I am proud to be friends with her.
Personally,who gives a damn. Other than the busy bodies who crap virgin snow and have nothing else to worry about. Some of the worst things done to others have been done by heterosexuals, so what do we have to brag about.

i said the guys, not me, i dont have any problem with gays, thanks for asking

I`m not asking,none of my business. Just as it`s none of your business. So if your not "concerned" then why stir up a hornets nest on a Saturday morning. What were you hoping for? To rally up the troops around you and all scream ferret?

City Driver

I`m not asking,none of my business. Just as it`s none of your business. So if your not "concerned" then why stir up a hornets nest on a Saturday morning. What were you hoping for? To rally up the troops around you and all scream ferret?

i challenge you to find one thing i have said to make you think i have a problem with gay people

if you look back and read this thread you will see i said nothing to make you think that, and if anything is stirred up in this thread it wasnt by me