Option 3 + Personal Day

dogs.bite.me

I still like to attempt to give them an hour because there are on-roads in my center that I do like. But if I come in and my route is cut that day and they have me on a trash route? Buh-byyyeeeee
This is a different scenario than what you mentioned.

But if you want to get technical, the contract reads as follows.

Any employee desiring a personal Holiday will make a request in writing on a form furnished by the Employer. Such a request must be submitted no later than the start of his/her shift on the seventh (7th) calendar day preceding the day requested. A signed copy of the request form stating approval or disapproval shall be returned to the employee by the end of the next working day.

This “LETTER OF UNDERSTANDING” is entered into by the parties to establish that Article 60, Section 1(C), “OPTION 3” will be used for sick days and/or personal days. Issues relating to the interpretation of this language shall be submitted to the Union and Company Co-Chairs of the S.R.A.P.G.C. for immediate resolution

Past practice is we give an hour notice so they have time to arrange coverage.

If you’re taking off because they cut you’re route and they have coverage, that’s a different ballgame.

That being said, your building may operate a bit differently. No building follows this contract by the letter.