Optional Days

UPSGUY72

We get 5 paid sick and 3 paid personal days then anything day you take after that are unpaid. I combined 2 sick and 3 personal for another week vacation. Already used the 3 remaining sick days so from here till next May 1 any days I take will be code 26 unpaid.

browntroll

2 optional days, 6 weeks vacation and 1 optional week.
i'm jealous of you right now. in my local i believe its 4 option days, not sure about sick days since i normally use them up but might be 6 or 7.
lucky for me i get mine renewed in sept but just waiting for my other occasions to clear up so i dont get talked to or written up.

Packmule

Ditto here on the 2 option days, but now we have option to convert 2 weeks vacation to floating days as well.
Like everything, doesn't appear as though anything is very consistent across the country. We get no sick days at all.

Packmule

Way it's always been here. Get sick, minor sprain, eat it or take an option day. Can't remember how many colds and injuries I've limped through trying to get to the weekend. That's why I was so happy to see the contracts start giving us the option to convert vaca weeks.