Organize fedex !

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The managers had a strict script of buzzwords during the campaign. "Get All The Facts" and the "Dues, Fees, Fines, Assessment Fees" is what we heard over and over on a daily basis.

The "facts" were typically half-truths. FedEx did correctly point out that there are initiation fees, none of us would pay them since that fee is waved for those who organize first.

I was also an "at-will" employee while I did this. The law clearly states that if FedEx fires you for organizing, you can sue them for a huge settlement. Talk to people you trust and make it a point to not tell anyone who's ever tried to get a promotion or someone who's an idiot. We kept organizing the union a secret from management for six months since everyone at the hub hated management. Our mistake was telling an idiot about the union drive and asking him to sign a union card.

You did bring up a good point about a lockout (which is a long way down the road). The most important part of a union drive is getting it to spread to other hubs. We launched an organizing drive at a small terminal next to ours which went pretty well. Had we not had the petition pulled we would have been able to turn in cards at the small hub.

I think this incident offers all of us a glimpse at the games upper management is going to play if and when any of the divisions try to organize. As such, it's educational, even if the effort was not successful. FedEx is willing to spend millions because they are saving hundreds of millions with their topout, pension, and market level scams. They will play as dirty as need be and spend whatever it takes to keep us down. Telling lies is very familiar to them.

Anyone who thinks that this company has your best interests at heart should have their head examined.