ORION is coming....HELP!!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I have been watching UPS implement new programs for 27 years now. CACD...PAS/EDD...rural remote...pickup compliance...Telematics...you name it and I have experienced its implementation firsthand.

ORION is no different. Its a new toy and they will make a big deal out of it at first and there will be lots of reports and printouts and metrics that they will want us to chase. Soon it will pass.

My advice? Dont worry about it. If it works...by all means use it. If it doesnt work...turn it off and ignore it. If your supervisor whines about your "compliance"...who cares? If he wasnt whining about ORION compliance he would be whining about something else. Its just a number, it doesnt mean anything. Do your job the safe and correct way, take care of yourself and your customers, and let your management team worry about the numbers. This too shall pass.

Sent using BrownCafe App

p228

Buy or make a cell phone jammer then they cant see anything it blocks all communication with truck diad cell phone with in 50 feet yes it works they have replaced my stuff 3 times now o yea hide the jammer

Recommending people violate federal laws, while on the job no less. I do hope you're joking...

What are the penalties for using a jammer? Can I go to prison?

Yes. The unlawful use of a jammer is a criminal offense and can result in various sanctions, including a jail sentence. More specifically, the unlawful marketing, sale, or operation of cell phone, GPS, or other signal jammers in the U.S. can result in:

-significant fines (we call them “monetary forfeitures”) – up to $16,000 for each violation or each day of a continuing violation, and as high as $112,500 for any single act;
-government seizure of the illegal equipment; and
-criminal penalties including imprisonment.

See 47 U.S.C. §§ 401, 501, 503, 510; 47 C.friend.R. § 1.80(b)(3).

The FCC has taken action against various individuals and business entities for unlawfully operating and marketing jammers. You can find more information on jammer enforcement at www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/jammer-enforcement.

Source: http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/jammer-enforcement

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
With Orion you get more. More miles, more backs, more walking. And the best thing is another compliance number. Now come on, who doesn't like more?
Yeah, it's hilarious. The topic of almost every PCM for the last 2 weeks has been total# of backing being way up. "...and I don't want to hear the Orion excuses." We all just roll our eyes now because obviously they all know it's Orion but won't admit it.

Indecisi0n

I have been watching UPS implement new programs for 27 years now. CACD...PAS/EDD...rural remote...pickup compliance...Telematics...you name it and I have experienced its implementation firsthand.

ORION is no different. Its a new toy and they will make a big deal out of it at first and there will be lots of reports and printouts and metrics that they will want us to chase. Soon it will pass.

My advice? Dont worry about it. If it works...by all means use it. If it doesnt work...turn it off and ignore it. If your supervisor whines about your "compliance"...who cares? If he wasnt whining about ORION compliance he would be whining about something else. Its just a number, it doesnt mean anything. Do your job the safe and correct way, take care of yourself and your customers, and let your management team worry about the numbers. This too shall pass.

Sent using BrownCafe App

If your sups directs you to use Orion what do you do?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If your sups directs you to use Orion what do you do?

I give them two options; brain "on" or brain "off".

Brain "on" means I use my 20+ years of area knowledge to make good business decisions for the route, regardless of what ORION is telling me to do.

Brain "off" means I follow ORION 100%, no exceptions. Late air? Not my problem. Missed businesses? Not my problem. If they want compliance I will give them compliance, even if it means running out of fuel at 11:00 at night.

There is no middle ground. Management cant have it both ways. I'm not going to waste time or mental energy trying to jump thru meaningless "85% compliance" hoops. I'm not going to make intentionally stupid decisions in order to generate a meaningless metric. Either I make all the decisions or ORION does.

So far, my management team hasn't made an issue out of it. I have no idea what compliance percentage I run because (a) I don't care and (b) they no longer even bother printing the reports out.

Indecisi0n

I give them two options; brain "on" or brain "off".

Brain "on" means I use my 20+ years of area knowledge to make good business decisions for the route, regardless of what ORION is telling me to do.

Brain "off" means I follow ORION 100%, no exceptions. Late air? Not my problem. Missed businesses? Not my problem. If they want compliance I will give them compliance, even if it means running out of fuel at 11:00 at night.

There is no middle ground. Management cant have it both ways. I'm not going to waste time or mental energy trying to jump thru meaningless "85% compliance" hoops. I'm not going to make intentionally stupid decisions in order to generate a meaningless metric. Either I make all the decisions or ORION does.

So far, my management team hasn't made an issue out of it. I have no idea what compliance percentage I run because (a) I don't care and (b) they no longer even bother printing the reports out.

That I agree with that and I have told my sups the same. They have me run straight air no ground then all Orion. I literally turn my brain off like you said and only worry about my next stop. Its very relaxing.