ORION is coming....HELP!!!

ncupser82

So found out yesterday that ORION was being implemented here in Raleigh in the next few days. Any words of wisdom on? How bad is it really, and are there any success stories?

Sent using BrownCafe App

With Orion you get more. More miles, more backs, more walking. And the best thing is another compliance number. Now come on, who doesn't like more?

fuzzynuts

Trust No One
Buy or make a cell phone jammer then they cant see anything it blocks all communication with truck diad cell phone with in 50 feet yes it works they have replaced my stuff 3 times now o yea hide the jammer

babboo25

Banned
Congrats, you are getting a raise. Its a joke and waste of a billion dollars. We've had it for 4 months, paid hours are at record high and miles are the same. Orion tries to keep you close to your pickups for as long as possible. I am usually 6-7 miles over everyday and I run 95% trace.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1394067558.445806.jpg

Sent using Two Tin Cans Connected with String

bumped

So found out yesterday that ORION was being implemented here in Raleigh in the next few days. Any words of wisdom on? How bad is it really, and are there any success stories?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stand your ground in the methods you've previously been trained. Don't back unless necessary, take your lunch/breaks when you want to during the 3rd-6th., and maintain the pick up compliance. Your Orion ride along is only concerned about making it work regardless of what makes you show up on a report.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I didn't and don't have much problem with it. Just follow it , but break off when you have to for lunch, pickups, bulk, etc. That's what I do.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I know there were threads about it but I cannot find them either, and it told me I should be in at 545 , LOL. This should be fun

Brownsfan

Don't give any advice to these people. Not because it will back fire on you, but because they don't have ears. When they do hear you, they have a lame fancy excuse for why the system does it, and why they can't change it.
The faster you give up your old brown ways and shut your brain off and play the most retarded connect the dots game the better. Don't fight it. Your only one man. Become a 100 percenter.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
With Orion you get more. More miles, more backs, more walking. And the best thing is another compliance number. Now come on, who doesn't like more?

This is a accurate assessment of the system. Its being implemented in our center and so far, its a disaster. Routes extending 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours, more miles, more u turns on residential streets, unsafe travel paths, triples to quadriples deliveries where it forces you to cross the street vs delivering out the right hand side.

It hops all over the place forcing you to have a ton of go backs to streets that go unfinished.

Maybe once UPS calculates the extra overtime orion is causing, they'll realize that saving $1.50 on fuel for 1 mile isnt worth the $55 dollars its costing them in 1 hours overtime.

I doubt it.

TOS.

Think when they roll out Orion they get a baseline of miles on a route then add 10-15% to it. That way they can say its working. Yesterday I did a route that did two loops. North to south then back north. Then north to south again. Turned off Orion at 10:00. Ran 78 miles. If I ran Orion all day I would have ran about 100 miles, drop my pick up volume and work about an hour and a half longer. Probably would have had a larger bonus too with the extra miles.