ORION (On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation) Wins Prestigious Award

bumped

So....hit the metric but without sabotaging the route? LOL! You'd think that having to tell people that running it at 100% is sabotage would throw up some red flags and MAYBE they'd figure out that their new thingy doesn't work.

Delivering it at 100% is the only goal I have for the day. UPS doesn't care when businesses get delivered(except before 5:00), so I don't either. My goal used to be to get done sooner, but now its the magic 100%. It's annoying when a customer meets me on the route to get their package as I just blew that 100%:sneaky2:

Overpaid Union Thug

Delivering it at 100% is the only goal I have for the day. UPS doesn't care when businesses get delivered(except before 5:00), so I don't either. My goal used to be to get done sooner, but now its the magic 100%. It's annoying when a customer meets me on the route to get their package as I just blew that 100%:sneaky2:
Shooting for 100% is basically shooting yourself in the foot as far as commercial stops are concerned. We shouldn't punish the customers for UPS's stupidity. They are who pays our wages and benefits. Unless instructed to do so it is silly to get 100% trace if you will miss commercial stops.

We've lost long time customers in our center due to ORION and bad dispatching. It could have been avoided if certain drivers weren't trying to follow ORION at 100% as a way to prove it doesn't work. That's why I still do things the smart way instead of in a way that drives customers away. If they use the magic words "Work As Directed" I will comply (unless it's not safe) but at least the missed pieces and pissed off customers will be on them instead of me.

bumped

Shooting for 100% is basically shooting yourself in the foot as far as commercial stops are concerned. We shouldn't punish the customers for UPS's stupidity. They are who pays our wages and benefits. Unless instructed to do so it is silly to get 100% trace if you will miss commercial stops.

We've lost long time customers in our center due to ORION and bad dispatching. It could have been avoided if certain drivers weren't trying to follow ORION at 100% as a way to prove it doesn't work. That's why I still do things the smart way instead of in a way that drives customers away. If they use the magic words "Work As Directed" I will comply (unless it's not safe) but at least the missed pieces and :censored2: off customers will be on them instead of me.

I never miss a commercial. It's just later than they are used to.