ORION

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Orion is not finished yet, it will take years to do what they want with it. They want to have people , pay for different times like you can pay extra so I can deliver your box to your house at say 1315Pm. Orion will then map the day around that time slot like air. It does take more time, working off 8000 shelf for your first 5 stops is dumb.
They say in the future it will be loaded how Orion is run , not your rdo. Which would be nice because half the time I cant find all the boxes.
One day it will be a game changer. Most times of the day will be bought, with orion now it doesn't matter if you deliver all houses first , then the business later. Before it was getting rid of the business first , then houses last.

Plan in the future is to have one diad and one tablet in each truck. The tablet will talk as you drive like car GPS's . If you have to break off of orion to deliver something big in the way, after your done you will press a button and a new Orion plan will come back reflecting the changes you did the route and making start from that point.
Its a way to control, and later lower the rate, like the pal system.
So for now you have to run it , they are saving Future dollars.
They know its going to cost more now.

By the way it does add 15 to 30 extra stops a day once they start really using it. Mine was 95 to 110. Now its 120 to 140.
So you can try to fight it up it will keep loading up more. Every 60 days or so. No cheating.
Don't count need apt, or if you have to go back twice as an extra stop. Dup them. You'll just make it harder for your self later.
You could have maybe 5 free stops a day, and it takes what seconds to record it . Later the computer will think oh you can do more.
Then the system will keep added more stops. Its not worth it. Your route wont pay anyway.
I hope this helps

last note.
at xmas time , no one had to run Orion, because it doesn't work. Although I watched a video that UPS made about this peak saying because of Orion xmas would be better this year.

WTH you smoking?

By The Book

WTH you smoking?
I have also heard from a sup that if you break off for air that's extended the GPS will update to route you more from where you are now. I also heard talk of corporate wanting an 8% reduction in miles for the next 3 years anyway. I don't think many routes will be added this way. Was also told if you had a 10 hour dispatch now Orion would only shorten your day and your area stayed the same. If they are going to reduce miles year after year our routes will change, and I see new route alignment in the near future. If we get our sure post packages back that may change things a bit as well.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What happens if you don't follow orion?
You don't get the solution.
image.jpg

scarface

Another micro manage toy. Be prepared to be baby sat. And if your a work horse good luck. Cause your about to gain more work cause the other pusillanimous drivers are to lazy and cry about change. baby's

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Another micro manage toy. Be prepared to be baby sat. And if your a work horse good luck. Cause your about to gain more work cause the Smart drivers know better than to just run their ass off all day when the reward is more work.
fixed it for you ;)

By The Book

Another micro manage toy. Be prepared to be baby sat. And if your a work horse good luck. Cause your about to gain more work cause the other pusillanimous drivers are to lazy and cry about change. baby's
I think what you meant to say was the other drivers are too smart, and cry all the way to the bank.

UT Vols

You can drive 49.41 miles and be at 85% of 42 miles.

But the 85% is not miles compliance. It is ODO compliance.

For now they're just telling me to be near 85% of the mileage limit when they text you after you leave the hub. Once the truck is organized to the ODO trace it will be 10x easier but I heard that will take a while.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
For now they're just telling me to be near 85% of the mileage limit when they text you after you leave the hub. Once the truck is organized to the ODO trace it will be 10x easier but I heard that will take a while.
OK. If they tell you the miles ORION calculated, just divide that by .85 and that will tell you the max amount of miles you can drive and still be 85%

Any phone has a calculator on it.

42÷.85=49.41

Anything less than 49.41 miles on a planned 42 mile ORION will be at or better than 85%

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
What happens if you don't follow orion?
You work harder you get more done you get to see your family much earlier in the day. You don't turn left into oncoming traffic all day you don't drive by stops all day your truck doesn't look full all day. Think about it this Orien solution is so stupid ORION has no idea what kind of mood I'm in. If you run your race at the end of the day according to ORION if you run your reS at the end of the day according to ORION you're usually 80% or better. Again ORION has no idea how fast or slow I feel like moving.

Last edited:

Mr.Golden

Even a runner gunner told me he's gonna take it easy and milk the clock. You may want to reconsider that

Overpaid Union Thug

Usually the "work horse" variety are the ones that cry. They cry about getting more and more work crammed into their trucks while us "pusillanimous" are following the methods and laughing at them.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
OK. If they tell you the miles ORION calculated, just divide that by .85 and that will tell you the max amount of miles you can drive and still be 85%

Any phone has a calculator on it.

42÷.85=49.41

Anything less than 49.41 miles on a planned 42 mile ORION will be at or better than 85%
Or, you can just turn ORION off and go out there and get the route done as efficiently and safely as possible without worrying about the miles or the compliance percentage. The next day, you will get to stand there and make $50 an hour on OT listening to your supervisor bitch and whine about a number.

Your alternative....is to make the job even harder for yourself by adding ORION compliance to the list of things you have to worry about. You will fight the load, search for packages, make an excessive number of left turns, drive past stops, and wind up taking a lot longer to get the job done. The next day, you will stand there and make $50 an hour on OT listening to your supervisor bitch and whine about a different number.

The bitching and whining about numbers will be always be a given in the equation. The only variable...is how hard you choose to make the job.