Outta Here for a couple weeks....

rngri4

I am outta here for a couple of weeks, I take off for Iraq in the morning, one of our field officers want's to come home and see his new child, and I was more than happy to volunteer to replace him, and am actually looking forward to my vacation away from UPS, in some respects getting shot at, is better than UPS, at least you know the enemy want's to kill you, not fire you, and chew your butt out in the process! I still don't know exactly where I will end up, but I will be a field officer leading patrols is all I know, but I will be back on the board a couple weeks after Thanksgiving....Lord Willing....

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
Thanks man! I wish you the best. Keep your head down. I appreciate the efforts of folks like you.

trickpony1

I would say "shoot first and ask questions later" but that isn't politically correct anymore.
Do what ya gotta do to come home safe.
Godspeed!

hoser

Industrial Slob
In some respects getting shot at, is better than UPS, at least you know the enemy want's to kill you, not fire you.
:confused:1 Why would you joke about that? When you get back, you're going to kiss the ground you step on on and be forever greatful for the job you have.

Be well, nonetheless.

I would say "shoot first and ask questions later" but that isn't politically correct anymore.
Do what ya gotta do to come home safe.
Godspeed!
Think first, reason second, judge third, shoot fourth, ask questions later. That'll save you a court-marshal and will help build bridges in that battered area.

"Someone's walking towards me, is it a threat?, it sure is, shoot, did i do good?" not "SHOOT! something is walking towards me! oh crap, it was a pregnant woman needing our help"

R

RNGRI4SWIFE

I am outta here for a couple of weeks, I take off for Iraq in the morning, one of our field officers want's to come home and see his new child, and I was more than happy to volunteer to replace him, and am actually looking forward to my vacation away from UPS, in some respects getting shot at, is better than UPS, at least you know the enemy want's to kill you, not fire you, and chew your butt out in the process! I still don't know exactly where I will end up, but I will be a field officer leading patrols is all I know, but I will be back on the board a couple weeks after Thanksgiving....Lord Willing....

Just wanted all to know that my husband arrived safe and sound. He emailed me earlier and was getting ready to go on patrol and was tired as crap. Anyway I will try to keep all informed over the next 3 or so weeks until he returns home

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Just wanted all to know that my husband arrived safe and sound. He emailed me earlier and was getting ready to go on patrol and was tired as crap. Anyway I will try to keep all informed over the next 3 or so weeks until he returns home

My thoughts will be with you and your husband and your family. Ill bet you are proud, helluva guy you got there. May you be blessed, now and always.

satellitedriver

Please do. For what it is worth, my prayers are with you and your husband. He will always be tired on patrol. Tell him for me he can be tired, but always must stay alert. My thoughts are with you.

I hadn't heard anything till tonight and then I finally got a phone call. So far my husband has led three patrols, and witnessed a car bomb explosion very near him this morning and then continued his email. He is doing well, and had just stated again how tired he was and that his squad has killed a few insurgenets (sp?) along the way and that he is actually doing well over there. He keeps his head up, and I can't wait to tell tell him when he gets back home, he has a job offer on the table, a lot better than UPS!

Just to let everyone know, I got a call tonight, and my husband was wounded, he killed the insurgent, and it was only a slight wound, but he was shot in the shoulder, and will remain after treatment overseas for the next three or so weeks. So his time overseas will reach close to Christmas while he recuperates. I am waiting for his call right now, since he told his CO he would call, they lost one of their unit, and I can't imagine what he has to say

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You must be terrified. Im so thankful he is Ok. Ups problems seem so stupid facing something like this. Bless you all, And Happy Thanksgiving. Keep us posted please, and maybe post an address or email me one if you would so we can send him a card or something.

satellitedriver

Just to let everyone know, I got a call tonight, and my husband was wounded, he killed the insurgent, and it was only a slight wound, but he was shot in the shoulder, and will remain after treatment overseas for the next three or so weeks. So his time overseas will reach close to Christmas while he recuperates. I am waiting for his call right now, since he told his CO he would call, they lost one of their unit, and I can't imagine what he has to say
What ever he has to say ,just listen, and let him know you love him. His physical wounds will heal but the scars of losing a comrade will take some time. As I said before, my thoughts and prayers are with you.