Overnight/UPS Freight Salaries?

local804

UPS feeder drivers make about $27.60 per hour not counting contract supplements. Our feeder drivers work 57 to 59 hours a week. Yearly, its about $90,000.00 to $100,000.00 a year.

For someone who works 60 hours a week (which is max by law,dot) They better make 90k.
They dont make much more an hour than package so it really isnt out of reach for someone who has no social life. I am happy with 3-5 hours a week overtime and we be damn to work 20.

GuitarManHD28

UPS Freight local drivers currently make $21.50 hr and road drivers make 54.338 cents a mile. We expect to hear what raise will will get this next week for the following year, but with Indy now under contract we have no ideal what management will put on the table for us. It might be card signing time in a week or so LOL

U

UPGF LACKEY

UPS Freight local drivers currently make $21.50 hr and road drivers make 54.338 cents a mile. We expect to hear what raise will will get this next week for the following year, but with Indy now under contract we have no ideal what management will put on the table for us. It might be card signing time in a week or so LOL

No info on raise as of yet. Get cards ready.

nitecrawler

UPS Freight non-Union gets junk raise

I am in a driver position with UPSFreight for some time now and formerly I didn't support the union.Last week UPS finally struck a cord with me by giving us a .75 cent raise for the first half of '08 and a .75 cent for the 2nd half.This is less than half than they gave the Indianapolis Union terminal in their contract.
It began when they took the Savings account away.I stood and did nothing.then they took the pension and sorted it in with other Non-Union UPS people. And I stood silent. Then the 401k matching went to stock not much of a real deal there.They are raising the medical and Dental costs per family.I am wondering what other creative way they will come up with to get more of my paycheck in their shareholders pockets.The bean counters are attacking the employee benefits and wages package for UPSFreight.
If they want a Union company wide they are going in the right direction.Keep going in our pockets and UPS Freight will be Union before long.
A Card signing push starts Terminal wide in January so I will be pushing for the Union. If you are smart you will jump on board or risk taking it on the chin and being part of the companys eventual plan to charge you to work there.:dissapointed:

Sign a Card and send a message that we are not going to take more cuts while UPS has great revenues
nitecrawler

nitecrawler

Here is kind of how the math goes.what is it now that Indy got something like 0.0163 in Jan 1, 08 and the rest of us drivers get 0.0075 for the first 6 months and 0.0075 July 1, 08.
Say you base the Salary on 120,000 miles per driver a year not including Holiday pay vacation pay etc...
OK (half the year is based on 60, 000 miles) union makes an increase of $978 over 6 months and non- Union makes $450 increase a $528 dollar difference.
In the 2nd six months there is a 3/4 cent increase and I'm not certian if there is an increase of the union side however.Lets say even if there is'nt
still a difference in the second half of 08 would be $78 do the math and...
Theres $606 in lost wages alone in the first year.So each driver pays $606 Annually to be Non-Union.Must be Non-Union dues I guess???
You can add in the annual cost of Medical and Dental that is sure to rise in the next 5 years and throw that money out as well.Indy got a 5 year freeze.I just wonder if management would like to see their wages and benefits package take a dive and have to take it on the chin.
Management is trying to say that this is a good thing for the drivers and are trying to sell it to us.Do they think we were born on a bananna boat?
And yeah the gainsharing is another way of saying yep its gonna be the same money we allways gave you but if your in the top %20 percent profit wise and if your terminal is perfect you can achieve 5 bucks more than we used to give you but were going to hold on to the money till the end of the first quarter so we can make interest on it before we give it to yo.And if your terminal isn't in the top %20 percent then better luck next year and you will take a cut.
This is creative theft of wages and benefits.Each week they sit at there desks trying to come up with new ways to get money out of your pocket.:devil3::greedy::angry:

U

UPGF Lackey

Here is kind of how the math goes.what is it now that Indy got something like 0.0163 in Jan 1, 08 and the rest of us drivers get 0.0075 for the first 6 months and 0.0075 July 1, 08.
Say you base the Salary on 120,000 miles per driver a year not including Holiday pay vacation pay etc...
OK (half the year is based on 60, 000 miles) union makes an increase of $978 over 6 months and non- Union makes $450 increase a $528 dollar difference.
In the 2nd six months there is a 3/4 cent increase and I'm not certian if there is an increase of the union side however.Lets say even if there is'nt
still a difference in the second half of 08 would be $78 do the math and...
Theres $606 in lost wages alone in the first year.So each driver pays $606 Annually to be Non-Union.Must be Non-Union dues I guess???
You can add in the annual cost of Medical and Dental that is sure to rise in the next 5 years and throw that money out as well.Indy got a 5 year freeze.I just wonder if management would like to see their wages and benefits package take a dive and have to take it on the chin.
Management is trying to say that this is a good thing for the drivers and are trying to sell it to us.Do they think we were born on a bananna boat?
And yeah the gainsharing is another way of saying yep its gonna be the same money we allways gave you but if your in the top %20 percent profit wise and if your terminal is perfect you can achieve 5 bucks more than we used to give you but were going to hold on to the money till the end of the first quarter so we can make interest on it before we give it to yo.And if your terminal isn't in the top %20 percent then better luck next year and you will take a cut.
This is creative theft of wages and benefits.Each week they sit at there desks trying to come up with new ways to get money out of your pocket.:devil3::greedy::angry:

I hear you. Been there a long time and it seems the double talk is making a comeback. This is supposed to benifit me in the long term? That is what they are trying to sell. RIGHT! Half a raise for half a year is better than a whole raise? OK!!!!!!!! For dock and PU&D it comes out to an average of .45 for the whole year 2008, but we actually lose .15 of that on giving up an extra hour (41) (if they are still dropping overtime after 41, they havn't offically said yet) then the extra money aon time and a half.How is that BETTER?My raise is $12.00 for the 1st half of 2008 then $24.00 for the second half. I am losing $104.00 of base (40hr) pay from last years .50 raise,plus the increase in medical. Yes i can see how this benifits me. Oh well, like some people at are teminal say well it is better than nothing and they didn't have to do anything. True, but you would think they would want to be the leader in pay ,bennies,.etc .etc like the perception of UPS in the general public. Also tlaked to a package driver and he said that this is the first year that they are splitting their pay increases under thier new contract.

r

18.01 to start and every 6 months you get a .25 rise for the next 3 yrs. Plus COLA at the beginning of each yr. But no union.:scared:

Overtime starts after 42 hours.

This varies 18.01 is the most a driver can be paid at starting.

at my terminal every driver is started as a dock/cdl and paid 10.50/hr once they are assigned a route then they get full pay.

It is whatever you negoitiate at the time of hiring of the last 3 people hired 2 started out at 10.50 the third was offered 10.50 said no thanks and walked out but was later offered the full pay but still started on the dock.

bansheeman

does anyone know what the salaries for chain supply div is driving a 40 foot box. i know they start at 16.87 hr i will be starting there in a few and can not find out what the top pay is and also it is not union.... please help

i run sleeper team out of seattle since they change my run to meets .when i come back into portland or. after driving 10 hour:cool-very::weightlifter::bloodshot: the portland term. want road team to work the dock !!!!!!!! friday night they ran me out hour . last word they said was we never run you out hour? ya right.

HAPPYDAYS

I have been trying to find out what the benefit plan is for a UPSF manifest clerk. This would be part time manifest clerk position. Anyone have any idea? Everything I find online is for union clerks in the package delivery areas. Just curious because I interviewed for this position recently and they could not tell me.

PADriver5

I'm UPSF, I asked a UPS Feeder Driver and he told me as much as they wanted. He said most weeks they work at least 45 to 50 hours per week and some even work longer. He says that sometimes he works on his off day (4/10) and that day is all time and half. No differnent than any other job. If you work hard and long, you usually make more money. So take $25.00 per hour and start the multiplication.:thumbup1:
Not so! It will take you 3 years to get close to making $25/hr. I just started and am only making $14.68/hr. And don't expect ANY overtime. If you stay local you will not be authorized to work more than 8 hours a day. But the way they get around that is by having you go on a mileage run in the middle of the day and that get you off the clock. That way they can work you 12-14 hrs per day and not have to pay you overtime.

City Driver

you live in a fantasy world if you think its easy to find jobs that pay better then this one especially in these times

yes you have to wait 3 years to make top pay, get over it, $15 + an hour is still a half decent wage, hell the dockworkers only make $10 an hour and there out in the cold all night with no benefits

sppollock

Article 26​
Wages
Section 1. Full-Time Local Cartage Employees
d. Employees entering a full-time Local Cartage job after ratification shall be paid in accordance with the following progression when performing local driving work:
Start $15.05
Seniority $16.13
Twelve (12) months $17.20
Twenty-four (24) months $19.35​
Thirty-six (36) months Top Rate

This is the wage increases right out of the contract. I dont see anywhere where you are paid 14.68 an hour, unless you are working the dock. I see you will make 16.13 an hour after you make seniority, which cannot take longer then 90 days. I see after a year you will make 17.20 an hour and then 2 years 19.35 an hour. If you are making less than these wages you are either working the dock or hostling trailers all day. If you are being paid less and not doing those jobs, grab a contract book and a steward and take care of it the right way.

PADriver5

you live in a fantasy world if you think its easy to find jobs that pay better then this one especially in these times

yes you have to wait 3 years to make top pay, get over it, $15 + an hour is still a half decent wage, hell the dockworkers only make $10 an hour and there out in the cold all night with no benefits
I guess I am in the fantasy world then....I left a job making $55,000 a year to come to UPS Freight thinking I would do better. Yeah right!

I made a call yesterday and got another job for around $50,000 per year and I start next week. Not that hard to find a BETTER job than UPS Freight for me.

over9five

Staff member
PADriver5, you've made 20 posts now just about all of them complaining about UPS.

It's OK, not everyone can do this job. A LOT of people get weeded out real fast.

So, what's the job you found?

PADriver5

PADriver5, you've made 20 posts now just about all of them complaining about UPS.

It's OK, not everyone can do this job. A LOT of people get weeded out real fast.

So, what's the job you found?
I apologize for my rant. I was just a little more optomistic about UPS and found it to be disapointing.

I will be working out of the rail yard in Harrisburg, PA on a salary position. Guaranteed $1,050.00 per 5 day work week with possibility of more $$$. But the big thing is the guarantee. I can't get a guarantee from UPS. I would stay if possible, but I can't afford to wait the 3 years necessary to make a decent living. Sorry.