Overtime pay?

Gsdateg

I work preload in the mornings unloading trailers. Its only part time but I seem to make alot of overtime hours every week. Each check I get between 5-10 hours of overtime.

I just noticed my overtime pay is not one and half times my base pay though. Is this right? I thought overtime everywhere is always time and a half of you hourly pay.

Nah
I work preload in the mornings unloading trailers. Its only part time but I seem to make alot of overtime hours every week. Each check I get between 5-10 hours of overtime.

I just noticed my overtime pay is not one and half times my base pay though. Is this right? I thought overtime everywhere is always time and a half of you hourly pay.
If it's not 1.5, what is it?

Nah
Yeah, that doesn't sound right, but I don't know what your supplement says.

I'd recommend speaking with your steward when you go in, or calling your business agent at the union hall after work. Don't believe anything your supervisors tell you, they'd love it if you believed that amount was correct.

JustDeliverIt

And you’re getting OT because it is a PT job and you are working longer shifts. Here, after you work 5.5 hours OT kicks in. I’ve seen some people say on here it’s 5 hours in their area.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
OT is after 5 hours for PT. Even if you work only one day but it is 6 hours, you get an hour of OT. It should be paid at standard 1.5x. That’s how it is for all hourly UPS employees as far as I know.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.

Your supe is cooking the books to make something or someone look good...

But it's taking your earnings.

Raise hell now.

Do it hard and fast or you will regret it later.

Direct depositly helping

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Your supe is cooking the books to make something or someone look good...

But it's taking your earnings.

Raise hell now.

Do it hard and fast or you will regret it later.

Direct depositly helping

Could be. I have been overpaid just as many times as I’ve been underpaid. And they drag their feet to correct either one.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
You sure it’s not a rate for a different job? Do you keep track of your hours worked? If it is overtime then you are getting screwed.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Could be. I have been overpaid just as many times as I’ve been underpaid. And they drag their feet to correct either one.
You sure it’s not a rate for a different job? Do you keep track of your hours worked? If it is overtime then you are getting screwed.
Both of your responses actually go hand in hand.

I told guy a few years ago to stop changing my codes after I've punched.

Once I showed him I have a folder and screenshot each day...

Twice a day..

For my own records...

I never had another issue.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Both of your responses actually go hand in hand.

I told guy a few years ago to stop changing my codes after I've punched.

Once I showed him I have a folder and screenshot each day...

Twice a day..

For my own records...

I never had another issue.
They shorted me 2k in back pay once. When I went to my supervisor his said it was correct. Then I showed him my records and magically I got a check in a day or two.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

xQQ.gif