Pacific Coast Benefits Trust acct statement

TheDick

Did your guys get a statement that has a bunch of multi year add one totally out of normal contributions? WTF? Can anybody explain the weirdness?

Poop Head

Judge me.
funny-animated-gifs-best-gifs-jon-voight-anaconda-creepy-face.gif

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Pacific coast benefits trust is a side "pension" for PT on the west coast. Once you go FT UPS stops putting contributions into it.

@TheDick I haven't looked at mine yet so don't know what you're talking about. Can you explain a little clearer?
The only good thing about being part time for so long. I have about 21k in mine.

MattM

There are credits either added or deducted onto ones statement(I'm guessing depending on the market). There is also a maintenance fee. I've seen credits +$200, and also -$63, which affect your total account balance.

Other than that, there isn't much to be seen on the statement.

Without any contributions, I can see the fees and credits sucking your account dry.

They recently went with a 7 month statement and 5 month statement vs. 6 and 6.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Did your guys get a statement that has a bunch of multi year add one totally out of normal contributions? WTF? Can anybody explain the weirdness?
Yes, I got the same thing. I've been retired for 1 1/2 years now so there have been no recent contributions. I received my latest statement and it shows contributions and deductions for random months in 2014-2015...WTF?!?
20190912_170644.jpg

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
That's lame. I just got mine and I was wondering y it hasn't really gone up since last time
That's weird...mine had zero contributions since I'm retired, and my account earned $1057 since the previous statement.

You cannot touch it until you no longer work at UPS. You also have to adhere to the same rules as your 401k. 59 1/2 before you can touch without penalty unless you roll it into another qualified plan.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Pacific coast benefits trust is a side "pension" for PT on the west coast. Once you go FT UPS stops putting contributions into it.

@TheDick I haven't looked at mine yet so don't know what you're talking about. Can you explain a little clearer?
Our rider has the language saying they contribute for everyone. I've been full time for a while now and they contribute into mine.

Mycow

That's weird...mine had zero contributions since I'm retired, and my account earned $1057 since the previous statement.

You cannot touch it until you no longer work at UPS. You also have to adhere to the same rules as your 401k. 59 1/2 before you can touch without penalty unless you roll it into another qualified plan.

I wouldn't mind putting it in my 401k.

542thruNthru

Our rider has the language saying they contribute for everyone. I've been full time for a while now and they contribute into mine.

Thank you for that information. I did not realize that.

Also on behalf of all of us. Thank you for keeping that trust funded. ;)

Seriously I can't wait to tell people that this trust fund is being supported! :)

When you think about it PT makes a really good pension (including PCBT). I believe about 3k after taxes and what ever they get from the PCBT on top of that. Makes @rod look like a poor man. ;)

rod

Retired 22 years
Thank you for that information. I did not realize that.

Also on behalf of all of us. Thank you for keeping that trust funded. ;)

Seriously I can't wait to tell people that this trust fund is being supported! :)

When you think about it PT makes a really good pension (including PCBT). I believe about 3k after taxes and what ever they get from the PCBT on top of that. Makes @rod look like a poor man. ;)
Them part timers get everyting