Package handler for quiet introvert ppl

Is this job right for someone like me who is not a big talker even with co workers and introvert to work as a package handler eventually working full time with Ups?

helenofcalifornia

LOL!!! It's a lot easier if you can develop a relationship with the customers by talking when you go driving, rather than just stop, drop and leave. Though your numbers will look good.

brownrodster

LOL!!! It's a lot easier if you can develop a relationship with the customers by talking when you go driving, rather than just stop, drop and leave. Though your numbers will look good.

One reason I like doing different routes is so that I don't develop relationships with customers. Last thing I want is to get my ear talked off at a stop. I'm a stop drop and run kind of guy.

rod

Retired 22 years
Never meet a UPS driver that didn't talk to himself on occasion. Come on now- don't tell me you've never cursed yourself out after screwing something up.:taz:

How long do you have to work as a package handler before you can become a full time delivery driver? Does UPs offer other full time jobs besides the driving job?

helenofcalifornia

If there were a lot of inside full time jobs available, I would imagine that most full time seniority drivers would gobble them up. Your length of time in waiting for your seniority to come up to go full time driving depends on how big your center or hub is. Obviously, if you work in a small center it is going to take much longer than at a larger (or an "older" center with more drivers closer to retirement age) center or hub. Good luck.