UPS package handlers

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Is primary the ish where they unload the trailers and put the pal labels on? If so there's a few of them that need to have their teeth kicked in at my building. Tired of bad pal misloads
If you stopped raging at fellow Teamsters and tried doing their job you'd realize polo bitches are telling unloaders to dump out the trailer fast while PALers can't get the labels fast enough to keep up

Brownwind

Hi, I had a questions for current UPS package handler employees. Google hasn’t been much help. I will ask my higher ups when I return to work. Just seeing if anyone has info here.

Can someone tell me what each of this position’s description is?
My locations has posted a bid sheet for transfer.
1: Small sort
2: air recovery
3: primary
1. My hangout with the other older people when I go in early. Stand by and fill up the bags. Everyone else hates the idea of standing around we love it.

Mr. Marshall

In 15 years I don't think I ever had a misload. PAL labels hadn't been invented yet and loaded everything by address.
As someone who preloaded for quite a few years before Pal labels this seems dubious. To claim you didn't make a mistake for 15 years is pretty funny in anything:) Eventually I would memorize entire routes, as you probably remember they would keep you in the same area longer once you had knowledge, but looking at those old sheets it wasn't always clear as day as to where the cut offs were, especially in busy congested areas, but more than that I would occasionally get in trouble when 40 packages would show up for Home Depot or some other chain store in about 4 cages and you would be frantically loading them and not realize one of the packages was in an identical box going to a different Home Depot location.

PT Car Washer

As someone who preloaded for quite a few years before Pal labels this seems dubious. To claim you didn't make a mistake for 15 years is pretty funny in anything:) Eventually I would memorize entire routes, as you probably remember they would keep you in the same area longer once you had knowledge, but looking at those old sheets it wasn't always clear as day as to where the cut offs were, especially in busy congested areas, but more than that I would occasionally get in trouble when 40 packages would show up for Home Depot or some other chain store in about 4 cages and you would be frantically loading them and not realize one of the packages was in an identical box going to a different Home Depot location.
I was loading small towns with rural routes. Package cars only went out with at most 120 stops and some with 80 to 90. Whole different world 40 years ago. And I was paid $.50/hr less then top rate package car drivers after 90 days.

Brownisbrown

UPS EMPLOYEE
Simple question: why does misload happen too often? I can understand "sometimes".
I dont know, but i remember back when i used to work preload the sups would always remind me to look at the zip codes incase of misload. I would never do this. All I know is that if there was a misload, somehow the sups would know and come to my trailer and ask if i found the box. Id just say i checked every box and i didnt see any misloads. Theyd go hmmmmm okay and walk away. I probably loaded in a million and a half misloads while i worked in ops

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I dont know, but i remember back when i used to work preload the sups would always remind me to look at the zip codes incase of misload. I would never do this. All I know is that if there was a misload, somehow the sups would know and come to my trailer and ask if i found the box. Id just say i checked every box and i didnt see any misloads. Theyd go hmmmmm okay and walk away. I probably loaded in a million and a half misloads while i worked in ops
You should be promoted