Package Handlers

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
When I started I was 230 lbs..after a month I dropped down to 200...It didnt get easier for me..thus why they moved me to small sort a month after I started

WhatPCM

Insubordinator
i have lost about 50 pounds since starting at UPS. It will get easier. the first few weeks are rough but stick with it and you will get into a routine. Then the rest is all gravy.

pkg handler

on loading i maintained my weight with little to no dropff .. but most im portantly was my prolems with cramped and stiff hands ...( carpel tunnel type snydroms )

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
I lost alot of weight when i first started on preload, then got moved to an easier position and put a little back on and then got moved to smalls and put back all i lost plus more.​

NI1

When I first started I was 185 then I lost about 10 pounds. 15 years later I am happy to say that I am stable at 190.

I did ballooned to 230 when I had my knee surgery which sidelined me for almost a year. When I started to work again 40 pounds was burned just like that. lol

What I dont understand is why some are overweight? I mean I see a couple of long time drivers where I work and they are so overweight that they cant move or bend at all.

I guess the body gets used to the job?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
At first ( back in the 70's ) no I didnt lose any weight.
I made it a habit to drink alot to kill the pain. Plus the working enviroment back then encouraged such actions. ( the safe workday drinking bashes, etc)
Into the 80's and 90's I worked so many hours that I was always fit, no matter what.
But when my hours were cut, boy did the pounds grow.
Its true as we age its really tough to lose those pounds.
Bad choices made ,along with a tired body quickly add pounds.
I still work long hours, but at a different speed and with daily pain that even alcohol can't dull.

SmithBarney

When I started, I was probably around 180 was on preload(unloader) for 2 months got down to about 160-155(sometimes) I would lose about 5lbs in water weight every morning
even when drinking about a gallon of water(not enough)
Went into preload, stabilized around 170 or so... started driving stayed at 175 ish... now working for FedEx Express, 186-190... ;) But on the bright side we are moving
and I'm mixing up my work a bit, so I'll be hopefully pt'ing shortly for UPS again. ;)

I lost about 8-10 pounds so far, this is within a month. I eat horrible, and often. So if I guess if I were to try and lose weight I'd probably have shed something like 20. A guy on my belt is taking stacker 2, don't know why since he weighs about 150. He gets headaches from it. :/

Babs, it does get easier within the 2 weeks. You should also know that I have a good bit of muscle, so the only thing I had to get used to was the type of work. If you're a little on the weaker side, I'm sure it'll take you a bit longer to gain that muscle then "stabilize". Either way hang in there, the works not that bad. Last night was horrible though, I'm beat.

Mike Hawk

When I started, I was probably around 180 was on preload(unloader) for 2 months got down to about 160-155(sometimes) I would lose about 5lbs in water weight every morning
even when drinking about a gallon of water(not enough)
Went into preload, stabilized around 170 or so... started driving stayed at 175 ish... now working for FedEx Express, 186-190... ;) But on the bright side we are moving
and I'm mixing up my work a bit, so I'll be hopefully pt'ing shortly for UPS again. ;)

I thought about doing the FedEx local sort, turns out they won't let you work at UPS and FedEx at the same time. They didn't want me to steal their package handling secrets.

I've seen people of all sizes puking their guts out half-way through their first night. This is Florida of course, where there's only 2 seasons: hot and hotter. Getting into a trailer that's been baking in the hot sun all day long tends to make your lunch come back up if you're not used to it. There were some beasts in my building that loved the workout. They never got hurt at work, but they sure messed each other up playing football.

bellesotico

BOXstar
Did you lose weight when you started doing this job? Did you get in good shape? Did it get easier at some point?

Hi babs-

I lost alot of weight the first month. I hired in at 135lbs and I dropped down to 120. I'm sitting at about 125lbs now and I'm 5'7". This is one year later.
Most of the body fat I had before is now muscle.

Physically..yes..the job gets easier, although for every one "easy" day you will more than likely have three grueling days. Your body just gets used to it.

Mentally..well..put it this way..I still have nightmares of boxes flying down the belt at lightning speed and being chased by a demon version of my sup with little misload demons dancing around marking numbers on my body with grease pencils....

helenofcalifornia

What you do every day at UPS is what your body thinks now is "normal." So if you want to lose weight and have been at UPS awhile, you have to workout wither before or after work. The only time I can count on to lose weight is when I come back off a disability. Guaranteed 20 pounds in the first month. Niiiiccceee!

LKLND3380

I've seen people of all sizes puking their guts out half-way through their first night. This is Florida of course, where there's only 2 seasons: hot and hotter. Getting into a trailer that's been baking in the hot sun all day long tends to make your lunch come back up if you're not used to it. There were some beasts in my building that loved the workout. They never got hurt at work, but they sure messed each other up playing football.

You must be in Miami or the keys... Here in central FL I can show you ice on the Orange trees in January
hw_freeze.jpg