Package was picked up by driver without a label...

Status
Not open for further replies.

upschuck

This could result in a couple different scenarios. First, if it did have an old label, as you suggest, than the package was sent back to where that was addressed to. The other is it was sent to OG, and is in process of being catalogued, which can take a week or so, to make through the whole process.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
This could result in a couple different scenarios. First, if it did have an old label, as you suggest, than the package was sent back to where that was addressed to. The other is it was sent to OG, and is in process of being catalogued, which can take a week or so, to make through the whole process.
0DF6550B-A162-4494-A648-0E76FB098B7F.jpeg
7191725C-E26F-4EF2-AC89-C45C29567130.jpeg

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
As an ex-clerk that processed overgoods at my center...

If your package had only the old label addressed to you on it, it would have been delivered right back to your location the following day, without even crossing the clerk's desk.

If your package had anything on it, in it, that could possibly link it to you, or the receiver, a clerk would have tried to make contact already. It doesn't just automatically go to overgoods, the clerk tries to investigate. (At least I did...lol)

As far as contacting the overgoods warehouse, good luck! I processed the overgoods to go to the warehouse, and not once in years was I able to contact them.

Overgoods are supposed to be processed every day, so it should be easy to pinpoint the day your overgoods package was shipped to overgoods. It really depends on how thorough or descriptive the overgoods clerk was in the overgoods report as to how easy it is to locate your item.

UPS will not consider a $300 missing item as extremely urgent. If it were thousands of dollars you might get some reaction, but not for hundreds.

This is an extremely common occurrence with shippers, not putting a label on one or two pieces of a shipment. I had some that did it so often, I knew it was theirs without even opening the box.

Lots of luck!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I agree, if it was coming back to you it would already be there. Our center will hold onto packages with no labels for a few days trying to see if any drivers recognize them. Good luck recovering your package.

Status
Not open for further replies.