Packages that make customers sad

S

selfcancelsignal

Restoration Hardware catalogs. You'd think you'd dropped a turd on the front doorstep hearing some of the reactions on the way back to the PC.
Are we gonna have these door stops again this year?

BrownThunder

Don't know, don't care. I'm usually too annoyed with the signature requirement to pay attention to how they're feeling. All I know is, thank God I hear this door unlocking... Now sign this DIAD with minimal conversation so I can make up the time I just blew on this stop

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
There used to be a pet crematory in the northern part of the state that had an account with us. They used to send ashes as adult signature required. Made for some awkwardness.
200.gif

dezguy

I had to deliver employment termination forms to employees of a factory that closed up, on a few occasions. Always feel like a dick when I have to ask for a signature to people who just lost their job.

upschuck

I had to deliver employment termination forms to employees of a factory that closed up, on a few occasions. Always feel like a dick when I have to ask for a signature to people who just lost their job.
I had some of those too. Saw one for a friend.

El Correcto

god is dead
I always like it when confused husbands sign for their wives :censored2: and get upset when they realize. They kind of stare at you like what do you want, then get that upset look of how much did this cost me.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had delivered to "Old Joes" house a hundred times and he was a real character. This time the driveway was full of cars so when I was met at the door I piped up "Joes must be having a party". They said "Joe died last night". Insert foot in mouth.

FilingBluesFL

I had delivered to "Old Joes" house a hundred times and he was a real character. This time the driveway was full of cars so when I was met at the door I piped up "Joes must be having a party". They said "Joe died last night". Insert foot in mouth.

Kinda like a friend of mine that died.

Hadn't seen him post anything on facebook for almost a year, went to his page, and posted: "Hey dude, haven't heard from you in a while, did you die or something?!?!"

Maybe 15 minutes later, it kinda registered in my mind there were some sad posts to his facebook, so I went back and read them, and they were all RIP type posts to him...

Turns out he died from an OD almost a year earlier, posted from my phone, and for some reason it wouldn't let me delete the post until I got home to a computer lol

lovemyupser

Our ups driver had a delivery for the house my then 1st graders friend lived in. 2 days before he went to make this delivery, my daughters friend and his mother where murdered by the dad. My husband told him what had happened. I gave my husband the address to the grandparents to see if ups wanted to change the delivery address. This happened 3 years ago and the dad is still sitting in county lock up waiting for his day in court.

chris9834

Packages for people that have recently passed away.
I have had that happen a couple of times recently. I never know quite what to say
It was a trip me and a couple coworkers were talking about stuff that we haven't sheeted up everyone said deceased was one they haven't sheeted up. So I delivered some hospice stuff to this house and I did my doorbell ditch no more as I slotted my DIAD lady says "SIR" i was like dammit I'm not moving those packages inside the house or around the back to myself of course. Then she said the recipient died the day before and she started crying pretty awkward I just said my condolences and grab the parcel. Def not 1 I enjoyed.

chris9834

They are sent to people who are behind on their mortgage payments.
They are also credit cards or debit cards as well...most times they are Dr-able once some guy said oh good my credit card finally made it. Sure enough you can feel the card in the envelopes I was glad to know that. I stopped dr-ing them after that hope nobody's card got stolen because that's miserable trying to get fixed. Chase needs to make all of those things signature required.

chris9834

Yes I would feel the same way.

chris9834

This happened back when I was a Fed Ex driver I had a tombstone it was in a wooden fence slates so the content was visible the problem was it was cracked in half so I didn't want to deliver it like that. Problem was customer had another package, and the question do you have a heavy package for me today so I said well as a matter of fact I do but it's broken in half. They didn't think that was to funny none the less.