Palestine vote

tieguy

Banned
dannyboy said:
When you combine the seriously rich political figure with uneducated huddled masses that believe what the misleader's tell them, you have what is happening there. Combine that with the promise that heaven will be yours only if you die fighting for my cause, I mean the cause of Allah, well you have seen the results.

Of course we have people like that here, people that will use bombs to kill people working at an abortion clinic, people that will burn crosses in yards, people that will exploit women to make millions while casting them aside as worthless.

So while the finger is easily pointed at them, we need to look at ourselves as well.

d

Feeling guilty about something?:lol: :lol:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Yeah, every one says I got sister susie hair banned.:lol:

the guilt is heavy. But the force is strong in me, so I will prevail.

I guess my thoughts are let them burn their own country down. And when the houses they live in burn, then I guess we can build them a bunch for free.

I guess US diplomats were shocked at the results? I dont know why!

d

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
I wish people here would begin to realize that we all are just pawns in the "game". Education is the key but our lovely politicians continue to cut the funding. Sadly enough, they no longer represent the people but rather their own agendas.
Perhaps we can learn from the westernization of the middle east. A lesson in true democracy where we don't have to chose from just 2 canidates.
Where you don't have to be independently wealthy to hold public office.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: Palestine?Hamas

US-Funded Palestinian Authority To Announce Formation of Unity Government With Hamas…

Ihope they do it. Obama would be breaking U.S. law if he continued to fund the Palestinians with Hamas (a designated terrorist organization) as a member of the government.

(Times of Israel) — Hamas Politburo Chief Khaled Mashaal will meet with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to announce the formation of a new Palestinian unity government, Israel Radio reported on Saturday.

The two will commence consultations for establishing a joint government on Sunday, and within ten days they will announce its foundation.

Hamas leader Osama Hamdan said Fatah and Hamas representatives will meet in Cairo this week to discuss the composition of the government and the date Mashaal and Abu Mazen will meet.

In an interview with a Kuwaiti newspaper, Mashaal said that the events in Syria have affected relations between Iran and Hamas and Hezbollah but did not specify how.

He confirmed that the Hamas leadership left Damascus and is now dispersed between several countries.

Mashaal called on the US earlier on Saturday to stop hindering reconciliation between Hamas and the Palestinian Authority.

moreluck

golden ticket member
D09524_1600.gif

moreluck

golden ticket member
SALT LAKE CITY — Sen. Orrin Hatch wants to cut off U.S. funding for the United Nations if it upgrades Palestine’s current status.

Citing press reports, Hatch said the U.N. General Assembly may soon vote on whether the Palestinian authority’s status will be upgraded from an observer “entity” to an “observer state.” The Utah Republican filed an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act to eliminate funding for the U.N. should that happen.
“Increasing the Palestinians’ role in the United Nations is absolutely the wrong approach, especially in light of recent military developments in the Middle East,” Hatch said. “Israel is one of America’s closest allies, and any movement to strengthen one of its fiercest enemies must not be tolerated.”

Hatch’s amendment follows legislation he introduced last year, the Solidarity with Israel Act, that is designed to discourage the General Assembly from upgrading Palestine’s status. Any increase in Palestine’s status could directly impact the ability of the Palestinians to manipulate such U.N.-affiliated organizations as the International Criminal Court, he said.

Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, joined eight other GOP senators in co-sponsoring the amendment.

804brown

Supporting Palestine at the UN Today Is a Vote for Peace in the Middle East | Common Dreams

The question the international community should ask is not who wants negotiations, but who wants solutions. The answer is clear – one side wants to negotiate a permanent solution and the other wants permanent negotiations.

Think for a moment of the absurdity of telling an occupied people to achieve their independence only by politely asking the occupier to kindly allow them to be free

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It is foolish to think there will EVER be peace in the middle east!!!

What is foolish is to believe ISRAEL will stay within their borders and stop building settlements on land they encroach upon.

If they did, the palestinians wouldnt be so pissed off half the time.

Peace

TOS

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Due to past wars Israel's borders were much larger than today.
{ most countries define their border thru land grabs by military might }
They gave away lands thru " peace" deals to their shrunken size today.
Yet others after being given free lands are still demanding more area.
I believe Israel should reclaim those lands & push those that complain into the sea .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
What the MSM won't tell you is a rather long list .
I read the British news services just to find out what is going on in my own backyard .