Palin-tology

UPS Lifer

I do not endorse this church but I do go to church and it has shaped me in to a conservative democrat because I don't support abortion..

Isn't that an Oxy-maroon (conservative democrat)????

I have never EVER heard of a conservative democrat.... Is this a new category of Democrats?

G

Give-Me-A-Break!

Oh oh,,,,looks like theres trouble in paradise!!

September 26, 2008
Palin should step down, conservative commentator says
Posted: 06:20 PM ET

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Palin was in New York City Thursday.
(CNN) – Prominent conservative columnist Kathleen Parker, an early supporter of Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin, said Friday recent interviews have shown the Alaska governor is "out of her league" and should leave the GOP presidential ticket for the good of the party.

The criticism in Parker's Friday column is the latest in a recent string of negative assessments toward the McCain-Palin candidacy from prominent conservatives.

It was fun while it lasted," Parker writes. "Palin’s recent interviews with Charles Gibson, Sean Hannity, and now Katie Couric have all revealed an attractive, earnest, confident candidate. Who is clearly out of her league."

Palin's interview with Couric drew criticism when the Alaska governor was unable to provide an example of when John McCain had pushed for more regulation of Wall Street during his Senate career. Palin also took heat for defending her foreign policy credentials by suggesting Russian leaders enter Alaska airspace when they come to America. Palin was also criticized last week for appearing not to know what the Bush Doctrine is during an interview with Charlie Gibson.

“If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself," Parker also writes. "If Palin were a man, we’d all be guffawing, just as we do every time Joe Biden tickles the back of his throat with his toes. But because she’s a woman — and the first ever on a Republican presidential ticket — we are reluctant to say what is painfully true."

Parker, who praised McCain's "keen judgment" for picking Palin earlier this month and wrote the Alaska governor is a "perfect storm of God, Mom and apple pie," now says Palin should step down from the ticket.

“Only Palin can save McCain, her party, and the country she loves," Parker writes. She can bow out for personal reasons, perhaps because she wants to spend more time with her newborn. No one would criticize a mother who puts her family first. Do it for your country."

Parker's comments follow those by prominent conservatives David Brooks, George Will, and David Frum who have all publicly questioned Palin's readiness to be vice president.

"Sarah Palin has many virtues," Brooks wrote in a recent column. "If you wanted someone to destroy a corrupt establishment, she'd be your woman. But the constructive act of governance is another matter. She has not been engaged in national issues, does not have a repertoire of historic patterns and, like President Bush, she seems to compensate for her lack of experience with brashness and excessive decisiveness."

tourists24

Plus,,, if I were a Dem Id be less worried about Palin leaving and be more worried about if Biden will be around much longer as VP choice.

FreeThinker

I find the Palin bashing very boring. If you have a problem with her policies or positions, then have the guts to debate them.
But the incessant need to dig into irrelevant side shows to try to discredit a politician with whom you disagree says much more about you than it does them.
Don't you realize you can't persuade anyone when you destroy your own credibility?

diesel96

I find the Palin bashing very boring. If you have a problem with her policies or positions, then have the guts to debate them.
But the incessant need to dig into irrelevant side shows to try to discredit a politician with whom you disagree says much more about you than it does them.
Don't you realize you can't persuade anyone when you destroy your own credibility?

Free, will you be willing to give the same rant about Obama? Obama bashing (his wife also) has been the main objective of the right since he started his campaign. Would you care to comment on that?
Palin, discredits herself. All you need to do is listen to one of her rare interviews. Maybe if Team McCain quits hiding her behind curtain #2 we can hear what she has to say about her policies and positions in depth. Look, Palin accepted to put herself in a position in the nat'l spotlight. She is fair game, especially when she attacks policies of the opposition, takes UN photo ops, then runs and hides demanding no questions from the media. As soon as she opens her pie hole in an open forum maybe we can start discussing her views. Until then, welcome to the Cafe :peaceful:

UPS Lifer

Free, will you be willing to give the same rant about Obama? Obama bashing (his wife also) has been the main objective of the right since he started his campaign. Would you care to comment on that?
Palin, discredits herself. All you need to do is listen to one of her rare interviews. Maybe if Team McCain quits hiding her behind curtain #2 we can hear what she has to say about her policies and positions in depth. Look, Palin accepted to put herself in a position in the nat'l spotlight. She is fair game, especially when she attacks policies of the opposition, takes UN photo ops, then runs and hides demanding no questions from the media. As soon as she opens her pie hole in an open forum maybe we can start discussing her views. Until then, welcome to the Cafe :peaceful:

:sleeping2::sleeping2::sleeping2::sleeping2::sleeping2::sleeping2::sleeping2:

A man with class would never bash a woman.....

tieguy

Banned
yeh, sure except when it comes to presidential African American spouse's and a certain speaker of house. A man with class doesn't live by double standards.:thumbup1:

glad you brought up the double standard issue (sarah palin) since the democrats claim to be for promoting minorities (sarah palin) to office and yet have gone out of their way to slam the female vp candidate (sarah palin) on everything but overdue library books. Its fun watching the democrats engage in blatant sexism.

diesel96

glad you brought up the double standard issue (sarah palin) since the democrats claim to be for promoting minorities (sarah palin) to office and yet have gone out of their way to slam the female vp candidate (sarah palin) on everything but overdue library books. Its fun watching the democrats engage in blatant sexism.

I know you like to take threads of course and spin them to your liken, but that was in response to lifers dbl standard of accusing people of having no class for criticzing women(Palin), yet he bashes Michele and Hillary like there was no tommorrow. It seems like Democrats are giving you a taste of your own medicine of nasty Rove-like politics and your not liking it to much...:happy-very:.....It's fun watching republicans squirm :not_fair:

tieguy

Banned
hey.....it's a two way street...it's ok for you to slam democrat females then turn around and call people out on slaming Gov Palin as classless.:why:

You're probably right. The party of the elitist john Kerry and supporters of the kennedy monarchy despise a blue collar working girl running for the job.:happy-very:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You all know where the elitists of that party think she should be dont you?
Getting a safe ride home from a respected official, over a bridge.

UPS Lifer

hey.....it's a two way street...it's ok for you to slam democrat females then turn around and call people out on slaming Gov Palin as classless.:why:

Show me where I slammed a Democrat female. Point me to one of my posts. Otherwise keep your crap trapper closed! LOL

diesel96

Show me where I slammed a Democrat female. Point me to one of my posts. Otherwise keep your crap trapper closed! LOL

Crap Trapper ?........Golly Gee.....dog gone.....Thanks but no thanks.
But here's just a few examples of you showing class to the ladies of the Democrat party.

Before Billary threw her support to BO, I wonder how much thought she gave to running as an independent???

As for BO's elitist wife ... She is on video saying "... for the 1st time I am proud to be an American!" She does not belong in the White House period!

I have been proud to be American my entire life - I will bet you have been also! How can you stand up for that Bit**?

Oh! Let's not leave Michelle out of the mix... She is worse than O'bummer

2910072045_9accac21bc_m.jpg

Pssssst......she's winking at ya Lifer

UPS Lifer

You are right - slammed was the wrong word. Sometimes I post to fast. I would say that the above quotes could be debated but I will give you those.

You did use the word slammed but your posts actually degrade women so I really meant DEGRADE.

Thanks for the wink Sarah!!!