Pardon? How Long Have We Been Partners With USPS?

A

anonymous6

sorry to be so naiive.

we buy a lot of things online and specifically ask for UPS delivery but half the time it comes USPS.

we called the merchants to complain an they tell us it is picked up by UPS, transported by UPS to a USPS facility and delivered to house by them so UPS can save money.

BTW we don't live in a rural area and see UPS package cars in our neighborhood twice a day.

doesn't seem right.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Get used to it. Basic has proven to be a winner, especially in this economy.

The decision whether we deliver the pkg to the consignee or to the P.O. is based upon the destination zip code.

I would have to guess that Basic makes up about 1/4- 1/3 of my residential pkgs, especially now that we deliver L. L. Bean.

If you want to guarantee UPS delivery you may need to choose a Premium service.

Big Babooba

Get used to it. Basic has proven to be a winner, especially in this economy.

The decision whether we deliver the pkg to the consignee or to the P.O. is based upon the destination zip code.

I would have to guess that Basic makes up about 1/4- 1/3 of my residential pkgs, especially now that we deliver L. L. Bean.

If you want to guarantee UPS delivery you may need to choose a Premium service.
I've had two packages from the same shipper, identical in size and weight that are addressed across the road from each other. Both are Basic, yet one goes to the house and the other goes to the Post Office. Same street, same town, same zip.

M

Mike23

Boy, I'd rather deal with USPS. They're so much easier to deal with then UPS. At least if your stuff gets broken it's a shrug and a 'sorry, here's your money.' With UPS it's a 'we broke your stuff? I don't think so, where's your proof?!'

Boy, I'd rather deal with USPS. They're so much easier to deal with then UPS. At least if your stuff gets broken it's a shrug and a 'sorry, here's your money.' With UPS it's a 'we broke your stuff? I don't think so, where's your proof?!'

The USPS lost a coin of mine once. It took 90 days to get $7500 but the coin was worth $8900.

Hangingon

If it went with UPS you would've gotten $0 and told to PROVE it was missing :happy-very::funny:

You'd probably only get $100 after finding out that you'd forgotten to insure it.

USPS is also partnering with us by contracting us to fly their international mail. We got a lions portion of the last round of contracts and if I'm not mistaken FedEx was shut out.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've had two packages from the same shipper, identical in size and weight that are addressed across the road from each other. Both are Basic, yet one goes to the house and the other goes to the Post Office. Same street, same town, same zip.

I've had that happen quite often on my area. I feel bad but still have a job to do.

M

Mike23

.... off topic 1989 got me curious...what coin did they lose,and what is that one you have as an avatar?

I THINK it's a woman holding a staff coin...but I could be mistaken ;) You're welcome, I'm always trying to be helpful like that :D

Also isn't it your bed time? It is 2200 there! I wish it was 2200 here :(

FedEX 4 Life

You are so right about that.

bumped

I used to but Seagram's baseball mirrors. I especially asked for them to be delivered with at least $50 of insurance and through the USPS. Of course, I was never home to sign for it. I would go in on Saturday mornings to the PO with sissors and ebay receipt in hand to open it up right in front of them. If it was broken, I would get the ebay purchase price plus shipping right there.

A

anonymous6

The postal service in my neck of the woods is atrocious. 50-50 proposition . it;s so bad here that i got a po box in a town 20 miles away so I can get my most important mail.

UPS deliveries used to take about 3 days from most places. now it is taking twice as long but we are paying UPS rates.

can you understand my frustration now?

and doesn't this take jobs away from us?

wisedragonfly

sorry to be so naiive.

we buy a lot of things online and specifically ask for UPS delivery but half the time it comes USPS.

we called the merchants to complain an they tell us it is picked up by UPS, transported by UPS to a USPS facility and delivered to house by them so UPS can save money.

BTW we don't live in a rural area and see UPS package cars in our neighborhood twice a day.

doesn't seem right.

I didn't realize UPS gave packages to the Post Office to be delivered. However, somewhere around 2001 UPS offered a new service called UPS Mail Innovations. I'm not exactly sure how the program works but I'll bet one of the sales guys can explain it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I didn't realize UPS gave packages to the Post Office to be delivered. However, somewhere around 2001 UPS offered a new service called UPS Mail Innovations. I'm not exactly sure how the program works but I'll bet one of the sales guys can explain it.

UPS Mail Innovations and Basic are two different services.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I find it interesting that there are so many UPSers that are coin collectors.

I like the odd stuff, two and three cent pieces.

d