Part Time Combination Cover Driver

Danieldays

Hello,
I am a part time combination cover driver and now that peak season is over and the need for cover drivers has really decreased I am trying to make sure I am doing the right thing. From my understanding until there is more driving available I am suppose to return to the warehouse. As a combo driver we are still being worked on Saturdays. Can anyone tell me if going back to the warehouse during the week is mandatory or required? This wasn’t very clear to me and I wanted to make sure I was reporting in if I was required to.

This is happening at my center too. Unless you're told by an on road supe that you're going to be driving only you should still report for preload. On road and preload supes don't communicate with each other.

542thruNthru

Hello,
I am a part time combination cover driver and now that peak season is over and the need for cover drivers has really decreased I am trying to make sure I am doing the right thing. From my understanding until there is more driving available I am suppose to return to the warehouse. As a combo driver we are still being worked on Saturdays. Can anyone tell me if going back to the warehouse during the week is mandatory or required? This wasn’t very clear to me and I wanted to make sure I was reporting in if I was required to.
What region are you? What's a PT combination cover driver? I know of a 22.4 which is a FT combination driver. Never heard of what you are.

Danieldays

What region are you? What's a PT combination cover driver? I know of a 22.4 which is a FT combination driver. Never heard of what you are.
I am in the Central Region, I am a TCD/ Combo, essentially I drive when there is a route or service available. My question is because I’m not completely sure, do I need to return to the warehouse if I work on Saturdays?

PT Car Washer

I am in the Central Region, I am a TCD/ Combo, essentially I drive when there is a route or service available. My question is because I’m not completely sure, do I need to return to the warehouse if I work on Saturdays?
Sounds like the company needs to bid another FT driving job.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Hello,

Your situation is actually a blessing.

If one was in your situation...

And...

Management has not given me a clear job description...

I'd show up to do the job that i am in the mood for that day.

Clear skies... Driving.

Rainy... Preload.

Stuff to do... Preload.

Make the best of whats given.

Worst can happen is they say they need you for the other thing...

Then...

You take an hour getting things situated for the newly assigned task.