Part-Time Ramp Ground Handlers? Anyone done that before?

I was searching for open UPS jobs in my area, and I came upon something at a Philadelphia UPS location called a "Part-Time Ramp Handler." They have positions open for it, but I was curious as to if any of you have done that position or have heard of it? According to the UPSjobs website, it just states that you do the package handling, but outside instead of inside. Thanks for any help.

Pollocknbrown

if im not mistaken, i believe you would work at philly's airport either workin in the air cans or removing them from the airplanes etc? unsure exactly.

BrownSuit

if im not mistaken, i believe you would work at philly's airport either workin in the air cans or removing them from the airplanes etc? unsure exactly.

That's correct. The only thing that's throwing me off is the "ground" in the title.

The "Ramp" is the Airport where the air is loaded. Most "Ramp" Locations are actually the latest drop-off points in your area.

It's going to be hot in the summer, even at night and early in the morning, nice in the Spring, okay in the fall, and a beast in the winter.

You'll basically be loading the planes or the "Cans" which are what the packages go into before going into the planes.

It will likely pay better than most handles positions because it's at an airport location and will require DHS clearance.