Part time seniority stripped?

J

JJ2008

I've worked the preload part time for 2 1/2 years, and just started full time driving for seasonal help this past September. Well turns out I made seniorority and am now considered a full time employee. I cannot go back the the preload and grab my old seniorority.

I want to go back to the preload and go to school, because I don't want to drive a truck the rest of my life. But I also don't want to have to wait 6 months for my benefits to start back up, as well as earn and learn, and my old salary.

I totally got screwed on this one........?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Re: Part time seniorority stripped?

I've worked the preload part time for 2 1/2 years, and just started full time driving for seasonal help this past September. Well turns out I made seniorority and am now considered a full time employee. I cannot go back the the preload and grab my old seniorority.

I want to go back to the preload and go to school, because I don't want to drive a truck the rest of my life. But I also don't want to have to wait 6 months for my benefits to start back up, as well as earn and learn, and my old salary.

Yeah. I was a preloader for 5 years and then went full-time in 2006, didn't know you couldn't go back to part-time ( though wasn't intending to ). I'd definitly go back to part-time if I had a choice, too. Feel your pain there....

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

You can dis qualify yourself or become a PT supe.

I knew a guy at Commerce City that went driving, decided he didn't like it and DQ'd himself. He was waiting on a combo-job. Estimated wait: 5 years. -Rocky

brownrodster

YOu didn't get screwed. YOu screwed someone else who would have wanted that job as a permanent full time job.

Why the hell would you take a full time job if you didn't want one? being with UPS for 2.5 years you should know better. If you don't wanna be a driver then quit.

Fnix

I knew a guy at Commerce City that went driving, decided he didn't like it and DQ'd himself. He was waiting on a combo-job. Estimated wait: 5 years. -Rocky

But he is still able to work PT though.

radone

My goal =driver job

I agree with brownrodster!!! I'm doing my time waiting to be a driver!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change

But he is still able to work PT though.

Yeah, he is. I could write a d*mn thesis about how some of the handlers I worked with at Denver were wasting themselves. Never mind the drivers. These people actually have a brain, which is why its so sad--to me, anyway--these people working such jobs. I saw one of these drivers the other day. He told me for the 100th time, "Keep running. Don't look back. Stay in school. It just keeps getting worse and worse at UPS. I want out but I can't." At one time, this guy was talking about wanting to pursue a Masters, possibly a Ph.D and TEACH at a college or university. Sadly, this hasn't happened. IMHO he'd be one of those profs that 'touch' young people's lives. Just one of those personalities--patient, etc. I've gotten off-subject. -Rocky

Fredless

APWA Hater

I agree with brownrodster!!! I'm doing my time waiting to be a driver!

Make sure you keep tabs of the cover drivers working then! If they use a cover more than 200 times in a year in the southern region, they have to create a new full time job!:wink2:

just wondering if a person that was with the company 10 yrs part time loading trucks would be able to bid on a feeder job over a full time guy that has been in package car 2 yrs? I know its a little off topic but i was wanting to know if full time senority prevails over part time senority when it comes to bidding on a full time position.