Sick Time Alternating

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
First, I’m in the Southwestern Supplement. I checked my previous paychecks and noticed my sick time hours have been fluctuating without me using them. Also noticed that they never gotten paid out/rolled over. Made notes showing the fluctuations in over a year. Am I going to have to start monitoring my sick time as well as my timecard to make sure they’re not shaving my entitlements? Going to file to be made whole. Just wanted to ask if this has happened before.

What'dyabringmetoday???

First, I’m in the Southwestern Supplement. I checked my previous paychecks and noticed my sick time hours have been fluctuating without me using them. Also noticed that they never gotten paid out/rolled over. Made notes showing the fluctuations in over a year. Am I going to have to start monitoring my sick time as well as my timecard to make sure they’re not shaving my entitlements? Going to file to be made whole. Just wanted to ask if this has happened before.
No need to monitor your paycheck. UPS will take care of it.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Seems like it. They're ***ing you out of $$$$

Last edited by a moderator:

542thruNthru

Have you went on upsers and Checked your paychecks to see when they were used? Could they be using them when you take R days?

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Similar thought, different topic -
Article 12 states January 1 2026 we will have a new time card system to monitor alterations...is this available to us now, without the new system?
Can a steward walk into the office and say "Show me a list of time card alterations from October 12th."?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Article 12 states January 1 2026 we will have a new time card system to monitor alterations...is this available to us now, without the new system?
Can a steward walk into the office and say "Show me a list of time card alterations from October 12th."?
There is a list of edits that UPS usually doesn’t want to share.

PT Car Washer

What are sick time hours?

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Have you went on upsers and Checked your paychecks to see when they were used? Could they be using them when you take R days?
Yeah, I went through my entire paycheck history along with corroborating when I took sick days on the time off viewer and it shows weird fluctuations. I already brought it up to management and union. Their payroll system or whatever is so trash. I let my buddy who’s also a steward to give him a heads up and to let others know to keep track of it too.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
What are sick time hours?
Certain states grant PST as we work, so here every 30 hours we accrue 1 hour of PST. So when we call in we can say to use a sick day they use either our state given sick time or our union negotiated sick time. The problem I am having is my hours haven’t been paid out and/or rolled over. I only found out because recently a member told me they had a bunch of hours of sick time meanwhile mine kept resetting.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Not yet, they’re developing it. I asked my BA and he mentioned about that. I foresee more errors in the future knowing how well their system is.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There is a list of edits that UPS usually doesn’t want to share.
Screenshot_20231021_074256_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

They don't have the option of not sharing.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Burn all your paid sick time as soon as it accrues and you won't have to worry about it disappearing.
I would, but idk if it’s commonplace, but we get written up for it. Not like it matters, but I try to save the sick days for days I must call off and at least get paid for it.