Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

Part time sup or stay union?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Buddah, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Buddah

Buddah New Member

Thinking about becoming a part time sup. Would bump my pay up about 200$ each week which I could use asap. Problem is with the new contract full time jobs are coming. Is it better to wait it out and go full time inside, or wait to drive obviously which could take longer. How does the progression pay wise in management compare to a full time inside employee? Give me some scenarios. What should I do??

2. sikidiki

sikidiki Active Member

becoming a sup is career suicide, no union. You actually have to suck up to bosses to keep your job among other things.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

If you become a pt sup. You will be a pt sup until you quit or get fired.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Think about your long term future, not just tomorrow sparky .

5. BSWALKS

BSWALKS Sabbra Cadabra

Live for today

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  6. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. eats packages

eats packages Tetris Master

FT Shift / Dispatch / Onroad sup could be fine but going from small fry to small fry really is not going to help.

I suggest you pick the longest shift in the building and double when possible.

8. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

The answer is clear.

Join the part time supervisors union.

9. Heavy Package

Heavy Package Active Member

Lol. There's a sucker born every minute.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Work you way up to Division Manager and beyond! You can do it!

11. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

A lot of full time drivers will be retiring after January along with the 22.4 jobs coming. I would wait.

12. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

[​IMG]

13. Underallowed306

Underallowed306 Active Member

I started out as a part time sup. Don’t do it. I’m thankful every day that I got the opportunity to be an hourly employee. Your chances for advancement in supervision are very limited for a variety of reasons. Stay hourly, get all the benefits, be happy. The temporary increase in pay is not worth it. The money will be there in time.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  14. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

You’re doing like 50 and out, aren’t you?

15. RedRvrDrvr

RedRvrDrvr New Member

Stick with union. I was a pt sup for seven years. Dispatch, preload, twilight, PTPCS, even honorary TSG tech. I kept asking to be moved when things got boring. I was passed up when “outsider” opportunity came up. FT sup said I did too much for center to let me go driving. It was a small center...about 19-22 routes, so there wasn’t a need for another FT sup. I ended up quitting. I found a better job in a bigger city, but always had the itch to come back to the brown side. Applied to preload and got a ft driving position within a year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

Take the promotion.

17. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Don’t listen to these yuk a puks

Put your little polo shirt on grab your clipboard and go be the best part time sup you can be

18. Brown Biscuit

Brown Biscuit Blind every day

I’ve heard the way Sup’s get talked to. Is $200 a week worth hating your life and getting your a%# chewed every day?

19. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

are you in it for the money or do you have greater interests than slinging boxes?

20. Buddah

Buddah New Member

I think the info is clear.. thanks lol