Part time sup or stay union?

RolloTony Brown Town

Thinking about becoming a part time sup. Would bump my pay up about 200$ each week which I could use asap. Problem is with the new contract full time jobs are coming. Is it better to wait it out and go full time inside, or wait to drive obviously which could take longer. How does the progression pay wise in management compare to a full time inside employee? Give me some scenarios. What should I do??

Wait. Stay in the union. See if your local does cdl training and pursue that option. They’re always looking for drivers: air drivers for Saturdays in some areas, TCDs for summer coverage and peak, etc.

brownIEman

Starting hourly is probably the safer option.

You should however talk to folks who've been around for awhile and try to get a feel for how long it will take to go driving. It's different everywhere. In someplaces, might be a year or less, then you are 4 years from top, so you could be making just north of 100k in about 5 years. Or, it could be 10 years or more just to start driving. It's different everywhere.

The vast majority of pt sups never go higher, but it can be a nice addition to a resume because the rest of the world mostly just sees UPS and management and does not know how close pt sups and baby sitting are to each other.

On the other extreme, I've known pt sups that rose to division manager level by their early 30's and were making well north of 200k. That's very rare of course, I'd almost say it would be like winning the lottery, but it had way more to do with effort ambition and smarts than luck.

Conan04

If you want to be a PT supe in ops:

1) Do you have leadership skills?

2) Can you be a role model for newer employees? (especially if your duties might include training new hires -- perfect technique and pace for 20 minutes )

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Thinking about becoming a part time sup. Would bump my pay up about 200$ each week which I could use asap. Problem is with the new contract full time jobs are coming. Is it better to wait it out and go full time inside, or wait to drive obviously which could take longer. How does the progression pay wise in management compare to a full time inside employee? Give me some scenarios. What should I do??
@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
6696D8B2-4928-4B76-AF91-1DAEFBBEC0C2.jpeg
What is a sub?