Part time years vs full time years

ScottyG07

It is so hard to get an answer from anyone at UPS or from our union about how much out part time years really count towards our pension, or if it is a separate pension. I have about 11 part time years and 19 full time years in right now. When I go and use the pension calculator it only shows me what I will receive based on my full time years. It does show my start date with the company when I was part time but it does not calculate any of those part time years in. I would like to get out when I am 55 which is in about 6 more years, but I can't figure out exactly how much money I would be getting. Anyone have any info on this? thanks!!!

Depends where you are at. My part time pension,is through UPS. my full time pension,is from the teamsters. part time years count toward your years of service

But not toward your full tikme penion.

Hope that helps.

ScottyG07

Depends where you are at. My part time pension,is through UPS. my full time pension,is from the teamsters. part time years count toward your years of service

Hope that helps.

Hope that helps.
I'm in the Central Region. Probably a separate pension I'm guessing???

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It is so hard to get an answer from anyone at UPS or from our union about how much out part time years really count towards our pension, or if it is a separate pension. I have about 11 part time years and 19 full time years in right now. When I go and use the pension calculator it only shows me what I will receive based on my full time years. It does show my start date with the company when I was part time but it does not calculate any of those part time years in. I would like to get out when I am 55 which is in about 6 more years, but I can't figure out exactly how much money I would be getting. Anyone have any info on this? thanks!!!
30 years with the company and you have no idea?

upschuck

Go to UPSers and search for retirement calculator, that will answer all your questions. UPS pays for years after Aug 2007, and PT years, union the years in between, but calculator will tell you the breakdown and amounts.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
You will receive two separate pension checks. Ask your Human Resources office to put in an Abstract for you to estimate how much each of your checks will be.