Part time

TeltBender

When I worked part time at UPS, I made $10 an hour, I worked on the twilight shift when I was still in high school, once I graduated I worked a FULL TIME job during the day. Then went to ups at night. I wanted to quit so bad cause all of my friends were making more money than me at McDonald’s, I stuck it out and went driving 3 years later when I turned 21. I do understand that part timers need a raise however, do they really deserve $25 an hour? It is a part time job. Stop saying it is brutally hard. I grew up on a farm and was raised that you have to go to work everyday. I am worried that If we go on strike that there will be massive lay offs after the fact. No I’m not in management but UPS has been a good place for me to work. I make more money then a lot of people where I’m from. Some days it’s heavy and I miss out on things. But In the end, this has been a great career for me… I am sorry if some of you guys disagree with me and I hope everyone hangs in there during these tough times. I hope we do not have massive lay offs After this. Stay strong everyone
Just because your life was hog:censored2: doesn’t mean everyone else’s should be

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
It really is pretty simple what the union should ask for ups should give, union should ask for 25 and ups said ok we will making starting wage 22 and there will be a 2.00 attendance bonus to bump it to 24, that way the union saves face and ups saves money because most part timers won't show up to get that 2 bucks

Its_a_me

It wasn’t, I was raised to go to work and to suck it up, I knew my opportunity would come in due time. $25 an hour to do a brainless job like unload trailers is way to much money.
I don't think YOU and YOU ALONE should get paid over $25 an hour--especially for not knowing the difference between "to" and "too" and when to use it while making fun of someone else for being "brainless."

So again YOU are in it for YOURSELF.

Leave something in life better than how you found it.

Nah
I don't think YOU and YOU ALONE should get paid over $25 an hour--especially for not knowing the difference between "to" and "too" and when to use it while making fun of someone else for being "brainless."

So again YOU are in it for YOURSELF.

Leave something in life better than how you found it.
oh

nWo

It wasn’t, I was raised to go to work and to suck it up, I knew my opportunity would come in due time. $25 an hour to do a brainless job like unload trailers is way to much money.

If we go on strike we are going to have a ton of people saying that $42 hour to walk boxes of plastic Chinese crap to people's doors is way too much money. You're just regurgitating some anti-labor nonsense.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
If we go on strike we are going to have a ton of people saying that $42 hour to walk boxes of plastic Chinese crap to people's doors is way too much money. You're just regurgitating some anti-labor nonsense.

Drivers can make 100k dropping off a package but god :censored2:ing forbid those part timers unloading get a raise lmao

Nah
I see what you're doing. Keep PT wages low so nobody works PT for UPS. Force UPS to utilize drivers to load/unload trailers at $40-$60/hr. Cash in.

Well played, sir. Well played.

Its_a_me

I see what you're doing. Keep PT wages low so nobody works PT for UPS. Force UPS to utilize drivers to load/unload trailers at $40-$60/hr. Cash in.

Well played, sir. Well played.
Except UPS always finds a loop hole. And how many of the FT drivers suddenly face DQ and can maintain company benefits if they go back to PT jobs.