Part-timer going full-time for the pension

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
22 years pt. is about $1235.00 per month . Check with your supplement for the 8 years ft. Who knows what the future may hold. If you worked a lot of PT hours I hope you put money in he 401K !

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I've been a part-time air driver for 22 years, and now I'm thinking about going full-time so I can have a better pension. As an air driver I'm working well over 40 hours a week anyway, so I figure I might as well go full-time and get credit for it. Any idea what my pension will look like after i hit 30 years with 22 p/t and 8 years full-time?

If you under the Central or Southern your 22 years part time would pay out roughly 1,200 (at age 65) if you plan on retiring in 8 years you will be around 50...those part time years are subject to a 6% penalty for every year prior to age 65...so that 1,200 will be reduced by 65 percent again roughly 500.

Those 8 years full time usually run at 💯 per service year so 800, I believe that once you hit 30 years pt and ft those full time years are not subject to that 65 % penalty if you do not have that 30 year service requirement it will be reduced to roughly 350...

Retirees Health coverages is another story, I believe that you have to be 55 or 57 to carry your coverages, which runs in the Central 200 for an individual or 400 for a couple.

A lot of these early high seniority part timers that went full time discovered that they would of been better off qualifying for that 25 part time service pension before they switched plans under the IBT/UPS plan for full timers.

Choose wisely...

FlipOldman

Thanks for all the comments. I had to sift through the management bootlickers to get to the serious comments, but I appreciate you.

FlipOldman

Management stooge!
Exactly. The scumbags will be the first to scab on us. You can tell they don't give a :censored2: about their fellow workers by the way they behaved in this thread. You ask one simple question and they immediately respond with "You don't know the answer??? Die, loser!!!" While not knowing the answer themselves. Reminds me of the way management treats us at work. Trying to demoralize and degrade us to make us feel worthless.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Exactly. The scumbags will be the first to scab on us. You can tell they don't give a :censored2: about their fellow workers by the way they behaved in this thread. You ask one simple question and they immediately respond with "You don't know the answer??? Die, loser!!!" While not knowing the answer themselves. Reminds me of the way management treats us at work. Trying to demoralize and degrade us to make us feel worthless.
You’ve got 22 years in and you don’t know how the pension system works. You’ve waited way too late to think about retirement. You went on the attack telling people they don’t know what they’re talking about 22.4 vs RPCD.

You’ve got a number of die hard union members in here who you’re calling management bootlickers simply because of your own failures. You’re a grown ass man. It’s time to start acting like one and take control of your situation.

FlipOldman

👏

Attachments

• 20211213_185813(1).jpg
    20211213_185813(1).jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 84