pass rateing

C

crazygill

been on pass for 3 weeks what a mess
All that are on pass please rate on a scale 1
to 10 on what you think 1 being low

O

over9five

PAS plus 15 months. STILL a big missed pile every night. Had 4 off route misloads today. 10 1/2 hours.
PAS sux.

L

laborer

PAS is not the problem. It could be a good tool but management has increased the workload so drastically that the preloaders constantly have to cut corners on load methods and have frequent misloads. Our preloaders have 1-2 more cars to load since PAS has started and it shows with the load quality.

I still love pulling up to a stop and searching for a package that's not on the car even though EDD insists that it is. We have these arguments 2-5 times a day

C

crazygill

been here 20 years and this tops all others as far as screw ups and you know they no it was bad from the first time they put it in,and boy o boy don't ever say it won't work.

F

formerbrown

I have seen it first hand from the other side of the fence. As an on-car, I would set target dispatch numbers, based on a fair dispatch, only to come in the next day to find them changed ( you already know which way). When I asked the "expert" dispatcher, he replied that he was only allowed to dispatch so many drivers over 9.5 so he simply adjusted the stop count range so his numbers looked good. We had to deal with the drivers going over 11 hours each night - same drivers - same overdispatched. When I complained that he was killing my drivers, he shrugged his shoulders and told me that he had to cover his a--. That is the problem with PAS. No one would hold him accountable for his over dispatch, yet we were beat up every morning for our driver's "poor performance". Sorry, but I don't move as fast after working 11 hours either. I had some great people working for me, but they were beat up every day. I talked to my boss, who just shrugged it off and blamed it on their poor SPORH. Then he would complain that they didn't run enough misloads off. When I pushed him on the subject, I was told to ride with the driver until I fixed it. I would get the dispatch down, the driver would get in on time. Next day our great dispatcher would raise his stop count and the cycle repeated itself. I finally retired and don't miss the STUPIDITY. Unfortunately, PAS is here to stay, along with the idiot they have setting the dispatch. No matter how you do the math the end result is still the same. Gooood luck!!

S

sweatyguy

One day last week we had three feeders of missed packages...3....in one day...they called in supervisors from around the district and had to rent about 7 rental trucks...That must be some great sales pitch by the guy/s who sold this snake-oil to upper management, because it obviously doesn't work...

U

upsdude

"One day last week we had three feeders of missed packages...3....in one day...they called in supervisors from around the district and had to rent about 7 rental trucks...That must be some great sales pitch by the guy/s who sold this snake-oil to upper management, because it obviously doesn't work..."

Sadly the upper management is Mike Eskew. PAS is Eskews baby, he has authorized and spent millions implementing this program. I dont see him making a u-turn, PAS is here to stay. My center begins PAS on Monday and honestly Im ready to see for myself what its all about.

S

sweatyguy

UpsDude...welcome to the nightmare...I believe our strength has always been our flexibility...no more, PAS won't allow it...Welcome to the Post Officication of UPS...

U

upsdude

"UpsDude...welcome to the nightmare...I believe our strength has always been our flexibility...no more, PAS won't allow it...Welcome to the Post Officication of UPS... "

Speaking of the post office. I have a couple of friends that are letter carriers, they are facing many of the same challenges we are. Long hours, splits, no help etc. The carrier for my neighborhood would deliver our mail around 3:00 PM in the past. Now he gets by here between 5:00 and 6:00 PM. I see as many of their trucks backed up to each other as UPS trucks in the late evening.

P

pd109

I had almost 18 hours ot last week and had missed on two days out of 5.No pas here for at least a year.Its bad enough now.

S

speeddemon

I would imgane you are going to see a upward trend of injuries and accidents when the nation as a whole gets on this. Its really a shame that they just dont see the problem.

U

upsdude

Tuesday was my first day on PAS. My management ride along was an IE person that specializes in time studies. I really like the EDD portion of PAS, very helpful. I found that my DOL wasnt as good as I thought but its being adjusted. I worked 960 on Tuesday and was told my methods were some of the best seen. I ended up with a 738 plan day, and over allowed by 144. Wednesday I was dispatched with 30 additional stops (cant be under 8. LOL) and clocked out at 8:00 PM after giving up 25 stops. UPS management loves to talk about Team Work but Ive never witnessed such fighting between them. The PAS manager told me Wednesday morning that I shouldnt have been under 8 on Tuesday, I had plenty of work. The center manger insisted that I be given additional work to have 8. The IE folks were arguing that others and myself were dispatched way to heavy. Of course UPS operates based on what a report says verses the real world. I pulled up to a stop Tuesday at 12:15 PM but they are closed on Tuesday. I told the IE guy that I couldnt record the package as Closed between 12 and 1 because that is considered a missed per the center manager. He said I have to complete the stop and follow EDD per the district manager. The center manager got chewed out because I recorded a closed between 12 and 1. Go figure.

I love to watch them fight. LOL.

Y

yeldarb

I started PAS yesterday, and didnt have a manager go with me.....Supposedly today. It was pretty much hell. I had about 20 not founds, (that were never found) and my stop count increased by 30, while everyone else in my zip code, had their stops decreased. Plus, my miles went up about 25.

S

sweatyguy

In case you missed it in the other thread...

The Plan
In the beginning was The Plan
And then came the Assumptions
And the assumptions were without form
And the plan was without substance
And the darkness was upon the face of the workers
And they spoke among themsolves, saying
"It is a crock of shi%, and it stinketh"
And the workers went unto their supervisors and sayeth,
"It is a pail of dung and none may abide the odor thereof"
And the supervisors went unto their managers and sayeth unto them,
"It is a container of excrement and it is very strong, such that none may abide by it"
And the managers went unto their directors and sayeth,
"It is a vessel of fertilizer and none may abide its strength"
And the directors spoke among themselves, saying to one another,
"It contains that which aids plant growth and it is very powerful"
And the vice presidents went unto the president and sayeth unto him,
"This new plan will actively promote growth and efficiency of this company, and these areas in particular"
And the president looked upon the plan, and saw that it was good,
And the The Plan became Policy.
This is how shi@ happens