Passed my road test.

P

pickup

My cruise control is always set at 2 mph over the speed limit. My trainer told me routes are set for allowances to run the speed limit so the speed limit I will go.

2 mph over the speed limit is not obeying the speed limit, it's violating it. Hitting a deer while over the speed limit vs being under it can make a big difference when it comes to determing what is an avoidable accident and what isn't .

Speed limits are suggestions for what is top speed.. I'm not a time stealer, but my speed limit will be lower than the posted one , especially with traffic. And the engineers of the tractors with the wingman technology agree with me because those tractors slow me down even more than I would myself.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
With a tractor trailer, your speed is determined on road conditions and how far you can see with your headlights.
Posted speed limits are for perfect conditions.

P

pickup

Even when the dispatcher says that the load is "hot"?

There is a quote attributed to JB Hunt (the man for which the trucking company is named ) which I will paraphrase (because I can't remember exactly how it was phrased) : "There ain't no load that is hot enough that won't get cold when it is lying in a ditch".

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My cruise control is always set at 2 mph over the speed limit. My trainer told me routes are set for allowances to run the speed limit so the speed limit I will go.
My cruise is generally set 2- 5 under the speed limit. If they have a problem with that I'm always willing to sit down and talk about it.

jaker

trolling
For my tractor 9th gear floored it maxes out at 54 , so that where I stay too hard to use cruise control when it's easier to smash the pedal all the way down